Based in Nairobi, Kenya
Who we are?**
PSI is a leading global health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health.
PSI is launching a Social Enterprise business, which will be focused on women’s health. Our vision is to allow women to access information, products, and services with ease. Our goals are aimed at improving women’s reproductive health and sexual wellness journey, expanding choice, and addressing barriers to uptake of products and services women need.
The business aims to utilize an omnichannel strategy to strengthen quality information and expand product, service delivery through digital channels and solutions.
We are looking for an experienced and result-driven operations manager in Kenya to join our awesome team that is passionate about understanding and meeting the needs of women in Kenya!
Reporting to the East Africa Social Enterprise Lead, you will play a leading role in development of the EASE Kenya strategy and delivery of the same. You will be responsible for country operations and the team working together to deliver the strategy and day to day operations.
• Establishment of the Kenya Office
• Lead the process to Kenya office establishment including premises, and 3rd party providers
• Operational excellence within the Kenya office
• Compliance in all Kenya office operations including dealings with 3rd party distributors.
Sales and Route to Market Leadership
• Working alongside the EASE lead, develop the appropriate Route to Market for the different offerings by the EASE Kenya office.
• Leadership of the sales and detailer teams, ensuring sales force effectiveness
• Relationship management with the 3rd party distributors and ensuring delivery of targets
New Product Development and Business Planning
• Working with the Senior Marketing Manager and the EASE lead, develop new Kenya market product strategies, and ensure commercialization of the same.
• Lead registration process of the new products by the Kenya regulatory authorities
• Kenya adherence to the organization marketing and business planning process timelines
• Manage external relationships between the EASE Kenya office and external stakeholders including but not limited to Regulatory bodies, Ministry of Health, Commercial sector players, professional bodies etc
• Review the Kenya market, identify and establish partnerships that could expand the EASE product offering in Kenya including pharma products, and other expanded pleasure offerings across the life cycle of the women.
• Provide leadership and performance management to the EASE Kenya team
What are we looking for?
• Bachelor’s degree: the ideal candidate will have a degree in Pharmacy, and be registered to operate in Kenya
• Post graduate qualification in management would be an added advantage
• 7-10 years of business management experience, preferably in a large/mid-sized pharmaceutical market
• Experience in leading sales operations
• Demonstrated use of insights to deliver effective marketing and sales strategies Effective cross-functional team leadership and influencing skills
• Experience in business set up will be an added advantage.
• Experience working with and managing distributors
• Experience in strategy development and management of digital marketing is added advantage
• Must be detail orientated and have strong personal leadership skills
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing environments
• Experience in establishing strategic partnerships.
How to apply
All applicants MUST have work authorization for Kenya.
• Interested applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae no later than November 23rd, 2020 to email@example.com . Subject: Country Operations Manager
• Applications will be screened on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. References will be required
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.