CELIM – Centro Laici Italiani per le Missioni – is an Non-governmental Organisation founded in 1954 and recognized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and by the European Union. We work in international cooperation projects in Africa, in the Balkans and in the Middle East. We work with the help of numerous volunteers and professionals on the one side and in cooperation of local authorities on the other. In Italy we promote volunteer work and organize courses in schools, meetings and creative workshops with the aim of closing the gap between different cultures, promoting their integration.
COUNTRY REPRESENTATIVE Lebanon – CELIM
Country of destination: Lebanon, Beirut
Length of contract: 16 months, renewable for 12 more
Ideal departing date: November 2018
Position: Country Coordinator and Project Manager
Project: Securing Women Migration Cycle (SWMC)
Country Coordinator tasks:
- Participation to the definition of a Country Strategy and development of a new one
- Project drafting (also multi-sectorial)
- Follow-up of relations with institutions and local/international partners, donors included
- Attendance to events and meetings relevant for CELIM Lebanon
- CELIM Legal representation in Lebanon might be required
Project description: Project implemented in two countries.
- Lebanon: Economic migrant women protection (victims of human trafficking) in three shelters and a migrant retention centre in Beirut.
- Ethiopia: Assistance to safe repatriation for Ethiopian migrant women in one shelter in Addis Abeba.
Local partners: Caritas Lebanon, Caritas Ethiopia
International partners: Catholic University of Milan, Municipality of Milan, CeSPI – Centro Studi Politica Internazionale, CVM NGO, International Domestic Workers Federation – IDWF
Project length: 3 years since 04/04/2018. Foreseen end: 03/04/2021
Donor: Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS)
Notes: Vacancy open due to current Project Manager’s substitution
Project Manager tasks:
- Operative and administrative management of the project in Lebanon (including NGO’s accountability and archives);
- Lebanon-Ethiopia partnership and Lebanon-based activities coordination, in line with the organizational structure and the procedures foreseen in the project document;
- Follow up of institutional stakeholder relations in Lebanon (partners and counterparts);
- Collection and update of baseline data and execution of periodic internal monitoring;
- Local responsible for external evaluation entity for the Program and AICS’ delegations;
- Drafting of reports relating project’s advancement in Lebanon and Ethiopia every three months;
- Drafting of annual project report related to activities carried out in Lebanon and Ethiopia.
- Fluent in Italian and English (written and spoken) – mandatory
- Previous working experience in Lebanon
- Previous working experience as Project Manager/Project Officer (at least 3 years)
- Familiarity with project financial accounting
- French/Arabic speaker;
- Previous working experience with women/children protection;
- Previous working experience in internal monitoring;
- Accountability/administrative skills;
- Multi-sectorial project drafting skills;
- Representation capacity among institutions and donors
Monthly gross salary: 2.200 EUR