Certificate in Organizational Behavior
Organizational leadership and management skills are critical to success in business, in the voluntary sector, community services, and any profession where you must achieve results through others. This course will help you develop the ability to influence, motivate, and enable others to contribute towards the effectiveness and success of your organization.
Effective management of Human Resources within organizations requires an understanding of various behavior and processes. Managers need to know why people behave as they do in relation to their jobs, their work groups and their organizations. This knowledge of individuals’ perceptions, motivational attitudes and behavior will enable managers to not only understand themselves better, but also to adopt appropriate managerial policies and leadership styles to increase their effectiveness.
This course provides an introduction to the concepts and practices related to systems and technologies that facilitate organizational change and enhance organizational effectiveness. It is designed for professionals involved with recruitment, selection, placement, training, and performance management of employees and staff in organizations.
By the end of this course the students should be able to;
- Demonstrate the importance of interpersonal skills at the workplace
- Define Organizational Behavior
- Identify the challenges and opportunities managers have in applying Organizational Behavior concepts.
- Describe how organizations manage diversity effectively
- Define leadership and contrast leadership and management
- Identify common barriers to effective communication
- Compare the four main approaches to managing organizational change
- What is Organization Behavior?
- Diversity in organizations
- Attitudes and Job satisfaction
- Personality and Values
- Motivation: From concepts to applications
- Understanding work teams
- Organizational Change and Stress Management
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
Course duration: 3 months
Course fee: €500
Regions targeted: Global
All materials are made available through our online learning platform
Language: English and French