Coalition on Violence Against Women (COVAW) is a Kenyan women’s rights organization founded on human rights and feminist principles, that seeks to promote women’s rights. COVAW works towards a society free from all forms of violence against women and girls.
Job title: Private Sector Engagement Officer-Girls Advocacy Alliance (GAA) Program
Reporting Directly to: Program Manager
Contract:One year, with possibility of renewal
Purpose:This position provides an opportunity to lead in implementation of activities related to both formal and informal Private Sector engagements in addressing gender based violence and economic exclusion of adolescent girls and young women through lobby and advocacy on the effective implementation of inclusive laws, policies and practices that address GBV and Economic Exclusion at the work place in Kwale County and at national level
This includes engaging formal and informal private sector organisations to provide skills development and job opportunities to child trafficking victims and other vulnerable groups; lobby organisations to align their corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives to help protect adolescent girls and young women vulnerable to Child Trafficking (CT) and Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children(CSEC). The officer will also be expected to support lobby and advocacy activities for the broader GAA program.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Ensuring timely and high-quality implementation of private sector engagement activities according to the approved work plan and budgets.
· Manage the formulation of strategies and activities to engage the private sector at the county and national level to contribute Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) funds to assist in the development of employability skills of vulnerable adolescent girls and young women.
· Manage the development, structuring and delivery of private sector partnerships that draw on the comparative strengths and resources of public, private actors and other CSOs.
· Represent the GAA project and coordinate all technical activities related to building the capacity of formal and informal private sector in addressing GBV at the workplace.
· Prepare and integrate a measurable and time-bound work plan indicating concrete results and interventions for private sector engagement at all levels of project implementation.
· Monitor and document the outcomes of the private sector work plan, highlighting good practices, lessons learned and ways forward.
· Support the implementation of the 2018 GAA Private Sector Study recommendations.
· Support other programs and partners integrate private sector engagement across the organization.
· Support program reporting as per COVAW requirements
· Maintain organized records, contribute to monitoring and evaluation and adhere to COVAW policies and procedures.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A degree in business administration, development, economics, communications, finance, or related field.
· Minimum five years of professional experience in a development program.
· Knowledge and experience on Women and Children Rights and Gender Based Violence programming.
· Experience working with NGOs addressing counter trafficking-in-persons, economic empowerment and livelihoods for women, skills training, or other related issues preferred.
· Knowledge of the regulatory framework related to women’s and children’s rights, GBV and private sector in Kenya.
· Knowledge of CSR strategies and demonstrated success in engaging formal and informal sector initiatives.
· Demonstrated interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, and ethical management skills.
· Ability to work collaboratively, support and manage negotiations, and reach consensus among multiple private sector stakeholders.
· Prior experience working with national and county government is preferred.
· Ability to work independently and effectively within tight deadlines.
· Excellent networking, advocacy and social marketing skills.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
The successful candidate must also demonstrateCOVAW valuesas follows**: Integrity, Respect, Commitment and Solidarity.**
Send your application and cover letter with subject“PrivateSector Engagement Officer-Girls Advocacy Alliance(GAA) Program.” by22ndFebruary email@example.com.
CVs will be reviewed as they are received. COVAW encourages, promotes and supports diversity in all aspects of its work.