Covid-19 Grants for Young People Worldwide
Applications are now open for the Covid-19 Young Leaders Fund (CYLF). This is a programme designed to support young leaders who are tackling the Covid-19 pandemic on the frontlines.
One Young World will prioritise initiatives which can use the funds to impact the maximum number of people to the greatest extent. Depending on the scale of the funding, initiatives should aim that:
- Funds will be used to help 1,000+ people
- Funds will be used to help between 500 and 1,000 people.Funding Information
During the process, you will be asked to request a funding amount, for which you should provide an accurate breakdown of proposed expenditure. One Young World recommends requesting between GBP 2,500 – GBP 10,000.
This size of grant is designed to ensure that the fund can support various projects, helping people all over the world, maximising the reach and impact of the support.
Focused on the SDG’s with a clear connection to combatting Covid-19, for example:
- SDG 3: producing medical supplies to tackle the infection or symptoms of the virus
- SDG 4: providing resources to disadvantaged children to support the continuation of education during school closures
- SDG 5: protecting victims of domestic violence during lockdown
- SDG 6: providing sanitation resources to help prevent the spread of the virus
- SDG 8: creating work for unemployed persons in vital sectors
- All countries around the world
- Producing direct, quantifiable impact
- Apolitical in nature
- Impacting 500 people directly
- Focussed on assisting the most vulnerable in society
- Operational (or ready to start within 3 weeks of application submission)
- Founded and/or managed by young leaders (aged approximately 18-35)
- Applications must be submitted in the English language to be reviewedApplication Process
The proposal must be submitted within the deadline specified in the advertisement of the call for application and filled in via the official application form. This includes a request for the following information:
- “Business” Plan – set out the organisation and initiatives background, objectives, structure and methods
- Budget Plan – set out a clear plan of how you would use the funds
- Documentation to verify the legal status of your initiative
- Contact details for 2 references
- Images/Video to document the initiative’s impact to date.Applications Accepted All Year Round!
For more information and application details, see; Covid-19 Grants for Young People Worldwide