Location:San Diego, CA
Status:Exempt, temporary & full-time
Start Date:On or before August 1, 2020
PCI, a Global Communities Partner, is seeking a temporary COVID 19 Response Manager to support families affected by the COVID 19 crisis in San Diego. Goals of the project include: mitigation of the economic impact of COVID, both for individuals and smaller entities that support the most vulnerable communities; reduction of food insecurity; increase housing stability; increase access to information and support services; build resilience for future COVID outbreaks and other emergencies; strengthen partnerships.
The Manger will be responsible for finalizing and implementing a plan of action that supports at least 500 families connected to PCI and key partner agencies. Support may include provision of resources such as distribution of essential supplies (grocery vouchers, diapers, baby wipes, etc.); enhancement of contact tracing work implemented by other staff; engaging the PCI van and mobile health education unit to provide health education, essential supplies, outreach services and emergency preparedness kits; reduction of food and nutrition insecurity; and overall helping families to achieve greater stability during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cultivate strong working relationships with key PCI staff, strategic partners, and participating communities.
- Engage is listening sessions with key communities and use this information to inform planning, prioritizing, measuring, and learning processes
- Together with key staff, develop and document a logic model and detailed work plan to ensure project activities achieve intended effects.
- Implement project activities with the support of other staff, including: preparation and purchasing of physical goods; development of health education materials, particularly those focused on COVID-19, emergency preparedness, and key referral resources in diverse languages; and use of the PCI van to disseminate resources when necessary.
- Develop and complete tools to track project activities and outcomes and lead development of project reporting.
- Develop system to track disbursements of vouchers and in kind donations to minimize duplication across partner entities.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to manage award and track expenditures.
- Support and supervise staff providing outreach and navigation to diverse communities
- Develop project status and outcome reports
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (or comparable additional experience) and 6-8 years of professional work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and connection to diverse local communities, including African American, LGBTQ, refugee, and immigrant communities.
- Experience in rapidly and successfully mobilizing work plans, including recruiting and training staff.
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation of public health or social service programming.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to addressing disparities.
- Comfort in the use of trauma informed approaches.
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Supervisory experience in health, social service, or education programming is preferred.
- Bilingual preferred (please list any language skills acquired on your resume/CV)