CIVICUS exists to defend people power. As a growing global alliance of over 7000 members in 175 countries, we work together to monitor violations of basic civic freedoms, call out the perpetrators of violations and strengthen the power of people to organise by supporting a more accountable, effective and innovative civil society. We strive to promote excluded voices, especially from the Global South.
About the Role
The CIVICUS Crisis Response Fund is a rapid response grant designed to help to provide emergency and rapid resources to civil society partners facing freedom of assembly and association restrictions. It presents a way to mobilise quick, principled and effective advocacy grants to respond to events that threaten fundamental rights to associate and assemble freely.
We are seeking a maternity replacement for an administrator position to come in 2 days per week for administration support. The administrator will be responsible for developing and reviewing contracts, uploading payments and tracking narrative and financial reports of subgrantees.
This is a part-time (2 days per week) maternity replacement role for 4 months.
- Undergraduate degree in finance or accounting with courses in social science, economics, international relations or other related subject areas.
- Minimum three years working experience in administration in civil society organization.
- Demonstrated experience in providing high-level administration to grant-making process.
- Demonstrated meticulous attention to detail and respect for systems oversight.
Please clickherefor a full Job Description
How to apply
The closing deadline for applications is 17h00 on the 16th of March 2020. Interested candidates should email their application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application should comprise of
- A 2-page CV, including educational and professional qualifications, a full employment history showing the more significant positions, responsibilities held, and relevant achievements
- A covering note of not more than 1 page outlining your motivation for applying for the role.
Short listed candidates will be contacted the week of 23 March 2020 to schedule interviews.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within three weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.