DAAD Leadership for Africa Masters Scholarships
DAAD Leadership for Africa Masters Scholarships;
DAAD Leadership for Africa Scholarship Programme 2021/2022 for African Masters Students (Fully Funded to Germany).
DAAD has launched its new scholarship programme “Leadership for Africa” with funding from the German Foreign Office.
The programme supports 55 master’s degrees at German universities.
Leadership for Africa offers scholarships for african students in Germany to qualified applicants in all fields of study with the exception of medicine, veterinary medicine, dentistry, law, the arts and architecture.
Public health is open for application in the field of medical studies.
Two target groups:
1) Highly qualified refugees who hold refugee status and fulfil the necessary qualifications for Master’s studies in Germany.
Applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Holding refugee status in their host countries
- Country of asylum has to be either Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda or Sudan
- Completed Bachelor’s degree at least at the time of arrival in Germany
- 2) Highly qualified academics from Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda or Sudan.Applicants must fulfil the following conditions:
- Citizenship of Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda or Sudan
- Country of residence is Ethiopia, Kenya, Uganda or Sudan at the time of application
- Completed Bachelor’s degree at least at the time of arrival in GermanyDAAD Leadership for Africa Masters Scholarships – Benefits
- If necessary: Language course (2, 4 or 6 months) in Germany before the start of the study programme including the coverage of the test fees for a German language certificate.
- Participation in the language course is mandatory.
- Accompanying study programme
- Monthly scholarship rate payments of 861 EURO
- Adequate health, accident and private/personal liability insurance in Germany.
- Travel allowance.
- One-off study allowance.
- If applicable, family allowance and monthly rent subsidy.DAAD Leadership for Africa Masters Scholarships – Programme Features
- All “Leadership for Africa” scholarship holders benefit from a complementary study programme in good governance, civil society and sustainable project management.The mandatory programme with several attendance phases each year has to be completed in addition to the regular studies.
Selection – DAAD Leadership for Africa Masters Scholarships
- A pre-selection will take place based on the submitted application documents.Preselected candidate will be invited to an interview with an independent selection committee of university professors in Kenya, Ethiopia, Uganda or Sudan.
Please note: Pre-selected candidates must present originals of all previously submitted documents at the interview.
- In addition to previous achievements in school and university, language skills and the general motivation, the main selection criterion is a convincing description of the planned studies in Germany.Equally important will be a reflected answer how the chosen academic field can contribute to the further development of the home country.
Apply by 16th October.
For more information and application details, see; DAAD Leadership for Africa Masters Scholarships