Do you want to use your data and analytics skills at a global humanitarian organisation impacting the lives of 9 million people every year?
The opportunity to lead the humanitarian sector into a tech-accelerated model of aid delivery is massive yet extremely challenging. As part of the Centre of Excellence (CoE), NRC is looking for a Data and Analytics lead to help the organisation architect and build data products for the organization and contribute to a major shift in how NRC staff interacts and values data.
After a year and a half of initial work on key applications and integration, NRC aims to embark on a journey to foster a culture of data use for decision making – enabling this through the development of skills and tools across the organisation. Working with partners such as Pluralsight, NRC wants to offer learning pathways to its staff as well as build technical solutions to access and consume data in a new way, connecting different systems and data sources to provide new insights and value.
Duties and responsibilities
- Lead the vision, execution, and delivery of specific Digital Transformation projects, with a focus on data and analytics.
- Represent and promote Digital Transformation projects and products in communication and collaboration within NRC and beyond
- Actively participate as a member of the Digital Transformation Strategic Initiative in promoting and embodying a highly collaborative, dynamic work culture.
- Lead on devising and implementing the strategic vision for Data and Analytics as part of NRC’s Digital Transformation ambition to become a leader in the use of data and technology to deliver better.
- Architect data products, building on NRC’s data infrastructure, extracting and connecting data from different NRC data systems and beyond.
- Create data products using tools such as PowerBI (e.g. starting with operational KPIs).
- Contribute to overall D team work on system integrations, product design and delivery (from a data analytics angle)
- Communicate progress, report existing and anticipated project challenges, and identify areas of needed support
- 3 years of relevant experience with IT projects and/or working with start-ups.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or related subjects, or demonstrable expertise in the field.
- Advanced analytical skills and problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Capable of operating in an “Agile” environment and high levels of uncertainty.
- Comfortable working remotely within a geographically distributed team.
- Demonstrable experience in managing Agile software development projects and an in-depth understanding of the software development cycle.
- Skillset to engage with a variety of stakeholders and align points of view in a strategic and forward-thinking manner.
- Solid knowledge of cloud infrastructure, SaaS platforms, and web application design and architecture.
- Solid understanding of database systems and data modelling is required.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strategic thinking
- Planning and delivering results
- Coping with change
- Working with people
How to apply
We can offer
We can offer a strongly committed, challenging and international work environment in a well-known humanitarian organisation.
The position is a full-time, two year engagement at our Berlin Office. Salary by agreement, good pension and insurance schemes.
How to apply
Applications have to be in English and submitted through this unified post on the online portal Webcruiter. If you wish to apply, please visit this link:https://23109900.webcruiter.no/Main/Recruit/Public/4216649011
NRC reserves the right to conduct a full background check on all candidates.
All of the following items must be included in the application for it to be reviewed:
- Your portfolio, which can be a file or a link with photos, videos, and/or documents showcasing cool projects you have worked on previously and are most proud of.
Why you make an exceptional addition to the D Team. Please place this in the “Cover Letter” section, be specific, and keep it brief. We will not measure your motivation by the length of you writing, but by the focus and clarity of your thoughts.
- Why you make an exceptional addition to the D Team. Please place this in the “Cover Letter” section, be specific, and keep it brief. We will not measure your motivation by the length of you writing, but by the focus and clarity of your thoughts.
Important: Your portfolio is what your application will first be evaluated by. We cannot emphasize enough how important it is that you show your best work here.
We strongly believe in diversity for a healthier and more creative environment. Talent exists everywhere and opportunities should be open for women and underrepresented groups at all levels. If you have passion for building products, please share your talent with the world and send us your application.
For any questions please write firstname.lastname@example.org the subject “D Team”.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s values; To be dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable are attitudes and beliefs that shall guide our actions and relationships.