Data Quality Assessment (DQA) Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist,
Afghanistan Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Activity (AMELA),
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website atwww.msiworldwide.com.
The purpose of AMELA is to provide monitoring, evaluation, and learning support services/assistance to strengthen the implementation of USAID development programs in Afghanistan, and to build the technical M&E knowledge and skills of USAID/Afghanistan Mission staff and stakeholders. The services provided under AMELA will contribute to supporting USAID/Afghanistan as an effective development organization with strong learning and adaptive management processes.
The M&E Specialists will work with the Data Quality Assessment (DQA) Team Lead and AMELA Assignment Manager to collect data from Implementing Partner’s (IPs) in Kabul and field offices around a set of identified indicators for each visit, including conducting interviews, review and observation of the data management systems, and filling out the standard DQA Checklists. The Specialist will work as part of an assignment team and will be needed to collect data, provide contextual and background knowledge during the assignment process, and assist in the analysis and report writing as necessary. The assessment will require the ability to travel to areas around Afghanistan (security permitting), and experience working as part of a multi-cultural, and multi-disciplinary team. Note that this is a short-term position with and estimated level of effort up to 40 days across three to four months’ time frame starting early October 2020.
- Conduct or assist in interviews with representatives of USAID/Afghanistan’s Technical Offices and IPs
- Work closely with each IP’s Monitoring and Evaluation staff located in their head offices and field offices
- Ensure the scheduling of field verification visits to assess the validity, reliability, timeliness, precision and integrity of the data collected by USAID projects that are reporting data for the selected indicators
- Assist in development of methodologies for checking and revalidating the data under the selected indicators reported by partners
- Read or review documents such as:
- Mission PMP, Performance Indicator Reference Sheets, and definitions for each indicator
- Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plans (AMELPs), progress reports, work plans, and activity descriptions for each selected IP
- Data storage facilities
- Data hardware and software records available both at head offices and field offices for each IP
- Data collection methods and tools being used at the field level
- Third Party Monitoring (TPM) reports for activities that are reporting indicators selected for the DQA
- Assist in translation tasks as needed
- Provide technical analysis, information, and guidance during all phases of the assessment as required
- Participate in presentations and dissemination efforts as needed
- Additional relevant duties as prescribed by the Team Leader and AMELA management
- Bachelor’s degree in international development studies, or other relevant social science subjects required
- Minimum of five years of experience in M&E, preferably in USAID-funded activities
- Previous experience assisting DQA teams
- Work experience in Afghanistan or regional country
- Proficiency in English and Pashto/Dari are required
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
To apply: Please visit our website,www.msiworldwide.com