Data Quality Assurance and Monitoring Specialist, MCC Kosovo Pilot Incentives for Energy Efficiency (PIEE) Activity, Kosovo
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) seeks a contractor to provide project management and technical assistance services for the implementation of the Pilot Incentives for Energy Efficiency Activity (PIEE) in Kosovo.
The Reliable Energy Landscape Project (RELP) aims to provide incentives for residential consumers to invest in retrofits to reduce household energy consumption, as well as incentives aimed at increasing the involvement of women in energy sector business opportunities, and efficiency investments. The primary technical focus of the PIEE intervention packages are energy efficiency measures that will reduce the consumption of electricity for heating and promote the use of energy efficient heating devices. Behavior change and outreach (BC&O) and Monitoring Evaluation and Learning (MEL) are crucial components to achieve the intended objectives of this activity.
RELP is comprised of three intervention packages:
Household Efficiency Retrofits (HER) Intervention Package; and Apartment Building Efficiency Retrofits (AER) Intervention Package –Provision of financial incentives to the residential sector to enable investment in energy efficiency measures – especially by low-income or vulnerable households, with an income-differentiated level of incentive or rebate – and capacity-building for potential energy service providers to develop energy efficiency projects and especially to improve energy audit skills.
One of the key objectives of HER is to test and evaluate the most cost-effective incentive delivery approaches for different beneficiary groups, as well as to deliver the best behavior change approaches, that can be scaled up beyond the Threshold Program. The implementer is expected to employ an iterative design framework for piloting intervention strategies based on principles of behavior economics. In order to implement the iterative study, some randomization will be required to select households for interventions as well as control households, and some baseline data will need to be collected before implantation of the EE retrofits occurs.
Women Energy Entrepreneur Technical Assistance (WEE) Intervention Package –Interventions that address the barriers to the participation of women in the energy sector as employees and entrepreneurs through a series of proactive measures to increase the employment of women, and to encourage women’s entrepreneurship in the energy sector through partial grants and technical assistance.
MCC estimates a 3-year period of performance for the PIEE activity.
SI is seeking a Data Quality Assurance and Monitoring (DQAM) Specialist to assist in field-based oversight of the data collection and monitoring activities under this contract. The DQAM Specialist will serve as SI’s “eyes and ears on the ground,” and be expected to support research design, participate in team meetings and debriefs, accompany and observe enumerators during data collection, review inputs, and write data quality reports and summaries.
Travel nationally will be required of the DQAM Specialist.
*Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Kosovar citizenship will be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Support the design of research including a randomized cost-effectiveness evaluation of household energy efficiency incentives, a pricing/market study, and a study on the ownership and legal status of residential dwellings. This includes supporting the design, piloting, and potentially administration of data collection instruments, as well as analysis and reporting.
· Conduct spot checks of data collection activities, including participating in daily team debriefs, accompanying and observing enumerators during data collection, meeting with field Supervisors and Coordinators, and documenting challenges and lessons learned.
· Write clear and concise data quality reports and summaries for the above activities and alert SI to any areas requiring immediate attention.
· As appropriate, participate in enumerator trainings and provide guidance on study purpose, instruments, and field protocols to trainees.
· As requested, assist in translation, translation reviews, and back translation of instruments and manuals, protocols, and training materials.
· Maintain highly professional working relationships with the local firm, MCC, and other key stakeholders.
· Complete other tasks as requested by SI.
· Graduate degree or higher in social sciences, economics, statistics or related field is required.
· Over 5 years of supervisory experience in field-based survey research required.
· Sectoral expertise and experience in surveys, monitoring, and/or data collection in the areas of energy and resource efficiency, entrepreneurship, and/or gender is highly preferred.
· Ability to liaise with multiple agencies/clients, exceptional organizational and communications skills, and proven managerial/leadership skills on large teams on complex activities.
· Fluency in written and spoken Albanian and English is required. Serbian language skills are a plus.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website:http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.