Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S.-based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private-sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) across many sectors, including conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Democracy and Governance Assessment Team Lead
Reports To: Chief of Party, Lisa Gilliam
Overview: USAID/Tunisia has requested that IBTCI’s Monitoring and Evaluation for Tunisia and Libya (METAL) activity conduct a focused assessment of the democracy, human rights and government sector in Tunisia. USAID seeks to understand the progress of democratic consolidation in the seven years since the Tunisian revolution. The assessment will also include a particular focus on issues of corruption, regional disparities in Tunisia, and gender issues, particularly gender-based violence.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Conduct in-depth desk review and develop a detailed work plan.
- Develop, test, and review data-collection tools and collection methods. Oversee or conduct primary data collection as needed.
- Write an assessment report on democracy and governance in Tunisia, responding to USAID’s questions and criteria.
- Present findings of the assessment to USAID/Tunisia.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least eight years of experience in the democracy and governance sector, including designing, implementing, and assessing programming aimed at strengthening democratic institutions, public sector institutions, and civil society.
- Knowledge of research methods including key informant interviews, focus group discussions and statistical analysis of survey findings.
- Experience working in the Middle East and North Africa region and an understanding of the political environment in Tunisia and the Middle East.
- Knowledge of and experience with anti-corruption programming preferred.
- Knowledge of gender issues in the region, particularly gender-based violence, preferred.
- Excellent communication, team management, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in democracy and governance programming.
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations.
- Superior writing, English language, interpersonal, and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel to Tunisia as needed.
- Professional proficiency in French and/or Arabic is required.
Education: Master’s degree in a relevant field required.
Supervisory Responsibility: None.
Travel: Travel to Tunisia is required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
To apply, please visit our website and submit your CV and job application.