Summary of the Position
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is seeking to recruit a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for an anticipated five-year USDA funded McGovern-Dole International Food for Education and Child Nutrition program in Côte d’Ivoire. The McGovern-Dole program is designed to improve the literacy of school-age children through improved literacy instruction, student attentiveness, and student attendance, to increase the use of positive health and dietary practices and support maternal and child nutrition (MCN).
Based in Abidjan, the Deputy Chief of Party will support the COP in overall strategic direction on the project including establishing and maintaining systems for project operations. The Deputy Chief of Party will oversee field-level program activities and ensure program deliverables meet the donor requirements. S/he will coordinate the award management and technical reporting.
Nascent is an African women-led international development organization founded 2004 with the mission of harnessing the creative entrepreneurial skills of target beneficiaries and strengthening their capacity to champion the development agenda of their communities. In the last 15 years Nascent has mobilized resources and implemented programs in food security, nutrition, education, and maternal and child health, impacting the lives of over 5 million people in Cameroon, Liberia, Malawi, Sierra Leone, Uganda, and Zambia.
Position is contingent upon receipt of 2020 McGovern-Doleaward.
Location:Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Type of Employment:Salaried, full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
· Contribute to the overall technical management of the project and ensures quality control and timeliness of all deliverables,
· Contribute to country program development strategy through news monitoring and contact with potential partners, stakeholders, and public and private donors.
· Coordinate activities in support of resource mobilization for Nascent’s country program.
· Coordinate the development of, implementation of, and timely reporting on the program activities; develop workplans, quarterly and semi-annual reports.
· Assist Field Coordinators in overseeing the programmatic implementation and monitoring of field-level activities in coordination with providers, consultants, regional partners, and program staff.
· Support field procurement award processes to ensure that activity deliverables are achieved, including drafting scopes of work for service providers and implementing partners; evaluating technical deliverables; and setting deadlines to ensure on-time delivery of project outputs.
· Assist Nascent in gathering lessons learned from the various program M&E teams, and propose methods to incorporate this data into future programming to ensure continuous improvement in project design.
· Follow up on Nascent’s sustainability strategy and enhance buy-in of project stakeholders through the development of models that can render Nascent’s strategy more attractive and of added value to their partners.
· Coordinate processes and pipeline of regional-level activity development.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
· Master’s Degree in international development and/or a related area
· A minimum of ten (10) years of professional experience working in complex and challenging field operational contexts. Prior experience with international development organizations – particularly food aid programs that have both national and community-level engagement – is required.
· Familiarity with policies and procedures regarding financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes and systems, and grants management at international organizations.
· Willingness and ability to travel as necessary.
· Demonstrated strong analytical, organizational, and communications skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including oral and written fluency in English and French.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to email@example.com.Please include “Deputy Chief of Party-Côte d’Ivoire” in the email subject line. CVs without cover letters will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Closing date for applications isApril 24th, 2020.Candidates are encouraged to apply early as possible as we are looking to fill the position quickly.
*Côte d’Ivoire nationals are highly encouraged to apply.**
About Nascent Solutions
Nascent Solutions (Nascent) is a Virginia-based 501(c) (3) non-profit international development organization. Its mission is to enable vulnerable people, especially women and children in rural Africa, to develop skills for self-sufficiency. The organization’s areas of focus are food security and nutrition, health, education and skills development, and gender equity.