Chemonics seeks a deputy chief of party for the proposed five-year, $16-20 million, Communications and Outreach Mechanism (COM) program. COM seeks to increase the awareness of USAID/Pakistan civilian assistance programs implemented in Pakistan by raising awareness of their benefits to communities and individuals across the country. The deputy chief of party will supervise the COM program’s operations, which will include comprehensive nationwide and regional media campaigns, communication and outreach support services, publicity and press management, and media research, monitoring, and analysis. The project will be based in Islamabad. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support the chief of party to meet contract’s objectives, manage budget and program staff, maintain good working relationships with local partners, manage reporting requirements, and ensure high-quality service delivery
- Provide staff supervision and partner support while adhering to contract objectives and technical quality and reporting requirements
- Contribute to development of annual work plans and budgets, procurement and other administrative work, guidance of budget and expected result alignment, review of annual budgets and quarterly reports, and ensuring of cost-effective and compliant use of resources
- Serve as key liaison to project stakeholders in conjunction with the chief of party
- Serve as acting chief of party as needed
- Minimum of eight years of experience in international development, including project management experience in a leadership role required; experience with development projects of a size and scope similar to COM preferred
- University degree in international or economic development, public or business administration, project management, or a social science related technical field required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required, proficiency or fluency in Urdu a plus
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Deputy Chief of Party” in the subject line email@example.com December 7, 2018. Early submissions are encouraged, and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.