Organization: Aktis Strategy
Aktis is working as a partner for the Syria Independent Monitoring (SIM), a consortium of four companies contracted by the UK Department for International Development (DFID) to carry out third-party monitoring of DFID humanitarian assistance projects across Syria. The consortium has been operating in non-Government-controlled areas of Syria since 2016 and in Government-controlled areas since the end of 2017.
Working under the direction of the Team Leader (TL), the Deputy Team Leader/Quality Assurance (DTL/QA) will be primarily responsible for the quality assurance of internal team deliverables and final deliverables to DFID. He/she may be entrusted with other tasks upon contract negotiation. The DTL/QA will report operationally to the TL and contractually to her employer among Consortium members. S/he will work in close collaboration with the DTL/Methodology as well as with the MLs, whose quality of deliverables s/he will supervise. Specific tasks will include the following:
- Checking MV preparatory documents, including the clarity and comprehensiveness of the project site brief (PSB) and the quality, relevance and conflict sensitiveness of monitoring questionnaires and other tools produced by Monitoring Leads (MLs);
- Checking the analytical and editorial quality as well as the coherence and relevance of Monitoring Reports (MRs) produced by Monitoring Leads and to be delivered to DFID. This may include several rounds of commenting and editing to ensure the MRs meet DFID’s high quality standards;
- Permanently collecting lessons of experience on the quality of SIM deliverables, coaching MLs on best practices in tools development and report drafting, and ensuring these are taken on board during regular lessons learned workshops.
The DTL/QA may also be requested to:
- Oversee the implementation of the SIM MV work plan, including the allocation of human resources within the team so as to meet DFID’s target delivery deadlines;
- Deputise for the Team Leader in her absence.
About you: The DTL/QA must possess the following qualifications:
- An outstanding record in drafting engaging and highly structured documents in English;
- In-depth analytical and synthesis experience, preferably demonstrated by a publication record;
- A high degree of attention to both substantive and formal details in drafting;
- Pedagogical abilities combined with patience and perseverance in skills transfer;
- Exceptional organisational skills and ability to work under pressure and respond to time-sensitive requests;
- The capacity and will to work as part of a team at a senior level, combining an ability to lead and to listen.
- Desirable background and experience include:
- An MA degree, ideally in the social sciences;
- Experience in M&E of humanitarian assistance projects;
- Work experience in relation to humanitarian aid, politics, security, or economics in developing or conflict environments;
- Knowledge of political and security developments in Syria.
For the full job description and application link click on ‘Apply’.