Organization: Search for Common Ground
The Yemen Design, Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E) Manager is responsible for providing leadership and technical support on design, monitoring and evaluation for the Yemen-based DM&E team, consisting of two DM&E Oﬀicers and one DM&E Coordinator. The DM&E Manager will ensure high-quality M&E support for the Yemen Country Program. The DM&E Manager will track DM&E responsibilities and ensure quality monitoring and evaluation. Based in Amman, Jordan, s/he will report to the Yemen Deputy Country Director and work closely with the DM&E Coordinator, the regional DM&E Specialist and the global DM&E Manager at HQ.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Overall responsible for the quality and timeliness of DM&E eﬀorts in the Yemen program, as well as the program’s contribution to regional DM&E;
- Manage the implementation of baseline studies, monitoring missions, and evaluations, ensuring quality methodology and analysis as well as timely delivery;
- Analyze data collected and share findings with key internal and external stakeholders;
- Develop Terms of Reference and manage consultants as needed for external M&E exercises;
- Provide leadership in the development of monitoring systems (e.g. the development of common indicators, M&E plans, data collection tools, evidence-based processes, and knowledge management plans);
- Contribute to project and program planning and review meetings, including preparing and sharing monitoring data on progress and challenges;
- Support the development of the country’s DM&E strategy, including identifying opportunities for synergy between projects and common indicators that capture the collective eﬀect and results of SFCG’s work in Yemen;
- Develop the capacity of the country program to improve program design, monitoring and evaluation;
- Provide orientation, technical support, and training to Yemen program staﬀ members, particularly in areas of design, monitoring and evaluation;
- Provide regular coaching and support to DM&E and program staﬀ;
- Liaise with the Country Director and Regional Director to align with national and regional priorities; Participate in regional DM&E conference calls;
- Contribute to the development of project log frames and proposals;
- Contribute to cross-organizational learning, including providing information, guidelines, lessons learned, and tested tools to the HQ-based Institutional Learning Team;
- Attend DM&E events, conferences, and meetings to keep up to date and maintain relationships; and
- Be directly engaged in the continuing development of the organization, its mission and its staﬀ, through the sharing of experience and knowledge, particularly contributing to its Institutional Learning eﬀorts.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
You meet the following qualifications:
- A post graduate degree or equivalent certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognized establishment or equivalent experiences.
- At least 4-5 years’ professional experience in design, monitoring and evaluation methodologies;
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of participatory methods, mix-methods, outcome mapping and/or impact evaluation techniques;
- Demonstrated technical capacity to provide support and guidance to project staﬀ on DM&E;
- Ability to work through stringent deadlines with acute attention to detail.
- Ability to coach and train others in M&E principles and best-practices;
- Demonstrated capacity to coordinate evaluations, including experience developing evaluation terms of reference and recruiting and managing consultants;
- Extensive knowledge of logical framework and results framework planning and evaluation methodologies;
- Motivated, multi-tasker and self-starter;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills, as well as the ability to conduct professional relationships;
- High standards of integrity, professionalism, and impartiality;
- Able to work independently and eﬀectively in a team environment ;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, Pivot Tables, Access, as well as web browsers;
- Excellent ability to communicate eﬀectively in Arabic and English, both verbally and in writing;
- Experience working in INGOs and specifically in conflict/fragile state environments;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Oﬀice and particularly Excel;
- Knowledge of SPSS, STATA, or Access is an advantage;
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
This position will close on October 9, 2018.