Designing for Impact: Improving the Quality, Impact and Effectiveness of Peacebuilding & Development Programmingis an intensive training programme designed for agencies, organisations and practitioners working in conflict, crisis and post-war stabilisation and recovery who wish to improve the quality, effectiveness and sustainable impact of their programmes – including crisis management and prevention, peacebuilding, social, economic and political stabilisation, reconciliation in divided communities, and postwar recovery, rehabilitation and development. Drawing on more than 30 years of experience in over 40 countries, Designing for Impact: Improving the Quality, Impact and Effectiveness of Peacebuilding & Development Programming represents the most advanced training programme of its kind for policymakers, practitioners, governments and donors internationally. There is a gap between the scale of people’s efforts and investment, the huge number of programmes, activities and organisations in the field, and the impact this is all having on peacebuilding and sustainable post-war recovery and stabilisation. This programme has been designed to close that gap. It is practical and operational, designed for policy makers, donors and practitioners, and those dealing with the daily challenges of peacebuilding, development and recovery in areas affected by war and violence. Unlike almost every programme in the field today, it draws from across the entire breadth of operational experience, lessons learned and practical methodologies – doing so in a way that has been designed to enable agencies and organisations to go in-depth into their work and how they are doing it, coming out with better designs, better approaches, and with real effects.
Your Benefits: What you get
from this course:
• Draw upon best practices and lessons learned in peacebuilding, development and post-war recovery programme development and implementation to improve planning and implementation.
• Work through all stages of programme development, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and follow-through using own cases and programmes
• Develop effective, customized processes relevant for your organisations’ missions and the needs and contexts in which you are working
• Improve applied conflict and situation analysis and conflict intelligence to support better design of peacebuilding, development and post-war recovery programmes which can operate effectively and contribute to transforming root causes and impacts
• Develop improved skills for designing relevant and appropriate programme and engagement strategies and activities, including crisis management and prevention,
peacebuilding, socioeconomic and political stabilization, reconciliation in divided communities, and post-war recovery, rehabilitation and development.
• Address key issues including: sustainability, ownership, challenges and collapse of peace and recovery processes, impact and effectiveness, gender, human rights stabilization and security, multi-track engagement
• Support local capacity development and strengthening community and national ownership
• Design peacebuilding and conflict transformation intervention for specific communities and sectors: including conflict party leadership, national and cultural groups, youth, women, media, & business
• Develop tools to assist your organization for short, medium and long-term engagements.
Price OECD – 850 € Price non-OECD – 650 € (Fee includes accommodation, breakfasts and lunches)
For further information or to register, please send an e-mail email@example.com