**Start Date: As soon as possible Hours: 15 – 40 hours weekly to be agreed
Reporting To: Deputy Director
Language: Spoken and written fluency in English
Location: Remote with good communications & Internet
Deadline: Reviewed upon a rolling basis
Pay: This is a voluntary position (unpaid)
What Young Peacebuilders (YP) Does
Young Peacebuilders nurtures peacebuilding passion and skills in violence-affected children and youth. We do this through partnerships, research, projects, and tools that help young people build peace in their own communities and abroad. In this way YP helps prevent and end cycles of violence. We also help design effective child and youth peacebuilding projects, tools, and research for others. Our goal is to see a major shift in the dominant method of addressing contemporary conflicts toward investing in young people as peacebuilders. More at YoungPeacebuilders.com.
The Director of Development creates and oversees the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising which may include major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources. A successful candidate will implement a strategy that targets funding by identifying new opportunities and by securing and stewarding grants from trusts and foundations, regular donors and other sources such as corporate and community foundations.The ultimate objective of this role is to build long-term, sustained relationships with donors and diversify the funding base – developing and securing grants will be key.
Plan fund development activities
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Deputy Director to create a fundraising development plan which increases revenues to support the strategic direction of the organization
- To achieve agreed income targets through researching, identifying and applying to current and prospect trusts and foundations, individual donors and corporate supporters
- Implement the fundraising development plans in accordance with ethical fundraising principles
- Monitor and evaluate all fundraising activities to ensure that the goals are being achieved
- Monitor trends and adapt fundraising strategies as necessary
Organize fund development activities
- Develop and manage timelines for various fundraising activities to ensure strategic plans and critical fundraising processes are carried out in a timely manner
- Develop policies and procedures for the development department which reflect ethical fundraising practices
- Prepare and submit grant applications as outlined in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization’s fundraising priorities
Team Leader in development activities
- In consultation with the Deputy Director, recruit, interview, and select well-qualified fundraising development staff
- Lead the Development Team in proposal writing and in implementing the fundraising strategy
- To work with key members of the Partnerships and Finance team to monitor and report on restricted funded projects, and provide forecasts for unrestricted and restricted funding at key points of the financial year
Promote the organization
- Develop a comprehensive communication plan to promote the organization to its donors and maximize public awareness of the fundraising activities of the organization
- Coordinate the design, printing and distribution of marketing and communication materials for development efforts
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and fundraising goals of the organization
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Proven track record in fundraising, donor stewardship and strategic planning
- 4-plus years in a management position in business, nonprofit organization, foundation, or government agencies and degree in relevant field or equivalent mix of experience.
- A certificate in Fundraising Management is an asset
- Demonstrable experience in succinct, technical proposal and report writing
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, including experience of dealing with senior level business people and major donors
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Self-starter, self-disciplined learner with ability to work independently
- Experience in cross-cultural settings **
How to apply
Use the link below to apply