Mission 89 is a research, education, and advocacy organisation that fights the exploitation of young athletes through social and economic transformation. Visit our website: www.mission89.org.
Digital Archivist Role
This volunteer position will support in Mission 89’s creation of an online repository for resources relating to trafficking in global sport, to be launched this year. The Digital Archivist will play an essential role in the planning and implementation of this “one stop shop” for researchers, journalists, athletes, agents and more. You will be supported in part in your role by a Research Assistant Intern.
Duration: As soon as possible – July 31st 2021
Implement a strategy to create an archiving system in the online repository that will allow for a successful launch in July and for consistent updating throughout the life cycle of the online resource hub. As a primary decision-maker in the planning of the online repository, you may also be required to assist with other tasks such as development meetings and consultations.
· Implement an archiving strategy for the online repository
· Implement sustainable processes with a view to the long-term maintenance of the repository
· Acquire, prepare and transfer digital resources
· Resolve copyright and permission queries when necessary
· Assist with the identification of relevant resources for the repository
· Assist with other administrative tasks pertaining to the online repository as required
Key Skills Required for the Role
· Integrity, a must
· Experience of working autonomously and exercising good judgement, a must
· Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience in the management of born-digital archives, preservation, and standards, a must
· Good understanding of copyright and permission issues, a must
· Excellent analytical, organizational, written and verbal communication skills, a must
· Good knowledge of child protection frameworks and an understanding of issues of human rights and/or trafficking, desired
· Masters in a related subject, desired
· Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years relevant experience, or equivalent professional experience.
· Available to work roughly 10 hours per week.
How to apply
Applicants for this position must be able to work remotely – and therefore be self-starters capable of working independently and autonomously – and possess an excellent sense of judgement.
Please send your CV, cover letter and 2 reference letters to Lerina Bright at email@example.com.