organization:International Potato Center
deadline:10 Feb 2019
- Lead the development and monitor of the editorial and publishing strategy to ensure quality and standards appropriate for CIP outputs.
- Strengthen the delivery of effective workflows for the production and dissemination of CIP outputs, ensuring consistency of style, production quality and suitability for audiences.
- Identify and maintain a cadre of high-quality writers, editors, proofreaders and multimedia content producers.
- Manage the preparation of the CIP Annual Report, including story selection and messaging, writing and editing, supervision of consultants, and providing direction for print and web versions of the report.
- Coordinate the development of high-impact multimedia content (video, audio, infographics, data visualizations) for use by research leaders, senior management, fundraisers, etc. in promoting CIP’s work to its target audiences.
- Work closely with scientists to synthesize research outputs through high quality writing and editing into a variety of formats for multiple audiences—such as outcomes stories—demonstrating the case for investment in CIP.
- Coordinate maintenance of the style and branding guides for CIP communications material.
- Support CIP participation in high-level events, developing communications plans and coordinating the production and dissemination of targeted content on CIP channels.
- Leverage the capacities of partners to raise awareness of CIP objectives and outcomes.
- Act as a mentor and coach to communications staff, especially those with writing and editorial roles.
- Contribute to the CIP-wide communications community of practice, sharing and communicating work updates and lessons, participate in department learning, reviewing and planning activities and ensure that these activities follow the center’s standards and agreed channels.