“We are only as strong as our weakest” is particularly resonant today in the face of current global crises. If you want to be part of the solution, UNHCR, the UN refugee agency, is offering a unique opportunity for a passionate and dedicated person with strong international experience and networks to join a high performing and dynamic team as a Digital influencer Engagement Officer in the Global Goodwill Ambassador Programme. Working with a diverse and talented pool of influencers around the world, we craft and drive innovative and impactful campaigns that lead the narrative, generate empathy and mobilise action for the 79.5 million forcibly displaced and stateless people. Please see more details here to apply. Closing date: 3rd January 2021 23:59 GMT”
The Digital Influencer Engagement Officer will lead in the development and implementation of a digital influencer engagement strategy, toolkit and dashboard; providing expert support and advice as well as coordination and information sharing services to regional offices (RO) and country offices (CO) in their local digital influencer engagement plans. At a global level they 2 will also be involved in the day-to-day recruitment, management and stewardship of digital influencers.
Duties and responsibilities
• Under the supervision of the Senior External Relations Manager (GWA) and with support from the Social Media and Digital Engagement teams, develop the Digital Influencer Strategy
• Develop Digital Influencer Guidelines and a toolkit to provide support to RO/CO, and standardise systems and metrics relating to: o How to work with digital influencers o How to identify/vet/brief digital influencers o Risk management o Impact evaluation and reporting.
• Map existing relationships with Digital Influencers across the organization and develop a Digital Influencer Dashboard for use across the organization
• Map current and previous partnerships with Agencies contracted by UNHCR RO/CO in the digital influencer space.
• External liaison with digital influencer industry leaders and agencies to ensure UNHCR benefits from the latest information and advice on industry best practice and relevant services, trends, mapping, rating, innovative practice etc. Liaise with UN and other UN agency DI colleagues for learning & coordination purposes.
• Develop Standard Operating Procedures on how to request Digital Influencer support (HQ/RO/CO) and work with relevant teams to use influencers better to support digital activations o Work with colleagues in the GWA, Social Media and Digital teams to develop clear content briefs for digital influencers o Work with colleagues in the GWA, Social Media and Digital teams to deliver digital influencer support for specific fundraising and communications campaigns and partnerships, including corporate partnerships, emergency campaigns and digital initiatives
• Provide support and training to RO/CO: o How to leverage digital influencer engagement in line with global best practice guidelines o Metrics. How to track digital influencer engagement, including through the use of UTM codes and online reporting tools such as social media monitoring platforms and GA 360. o Relationship management o Screening process, due diligence and risk management 3 • Research, undertake thorough due diligence, prospect and recruit new digital influencers in full consultation with the relevant teams within the Division of External Relations in addition to the Bureaux and Regional or National offices.
• Relationship management: with the support relationship managers in the GWA team, coordinate the day to day activities of a number of digital influencers, flexing requests and developing briefs to suit individual talent in support of key organizational objectives related to advocacy, fundraising and awareness raising
• Working closely with relationship managers in the GWA team and the social media team, project manage digital influencer support of campaigns and partnerships from initial outreach through to development of clear briefs through to post campaign reporting, including campaign activation and talent content creation
.• Develop campaigns grounded in a strategic approach by gathering audience, market and business insights, using a variety of tools including digital analytics and social insights platforms
• To work with the GWA team on developing specific field missions with digital influencers, ensuring clear objectives are developed and measurable outputs delivered.
How to apply
Please see more details here to apply. Closing date: 3rd January 2021 23:59 GMT. (Interviews: First round: 6th -7th January 2021 Second round: 8th January 2021)