Africa Center for Project Management is pleased to announce a Diploma Course in Disaster Management Online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month.
Africa Center for Project Management was established in 2004 in Amsterdam with the Africa regional offices in Nairobi.The organization was corporate organizations in Africa and Asia by offering Online certificates and In-House trainings. The organization has over ten years experience working with development partners in capacity building in. We have trained over 5000 development and Business Professionals in various thematic areas.
Overall Course Overview:
This integrated course defines humanitarian response within the framework of an understanding of development, with vulnerability and disaster risk reduction as an integral part of development. This programme recognizes the vulnerabilities faced by the poor and marginalized and the disproportionate impact of disasters endured by them in the developing world. In this programme, the study of disaster risk reduction, disaster response and post-disaster recovery will be grounded in the values of justice, equity and social inclusion. This course addresses all stages of disaster management in a comprehensive and holistic manner; including:
1. Pre- disaster preparedness and mitigation,
2. Rescue and relief in the context of disaster and
3. Post disaster rehabilitation, reconstruction and recovery.
This Diploma Course in Disaster Management is designed to impart domain knowledge, capacities and skills to:
• Demonstrate a critical understanding of key concepts in disaster risk reduction and humanitarian response
• Recognize issues, debates and challenges arising the relationship between paradigm of development and disasters
• Critically evaluate disaster risk reduction and humanitarian response policy and practice from multiple perspectives
• Develop an understanding of standards of humanitarian response and practical relevance in specific types of disasters and conflict situations
• Critically understand the strengths and weaknesses of disaster management approaches, planning and programming in different countries, particularly their home country or the countries they work in, and
• Respond to disaster risk reduction initiatives and disasters in an effective, humane and sustainable manner.
This Course is designed specifically for development organizations.
There are four assignments (continuous assessment tests),research paper and one examination to be offered at the end of the course. Assignments account for 40%,research paper counnts for 30% while Examination accounts for 30% of the mark. Upon completion of the course you shall be issued with a Diploma Certificate and a course transcript.
Certificate and Transcripts will be sent after successful completion of the course.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 24 Weeks – 5 to 6 hours per week
DATES: (Six Months) Course Starts 1st of Every Month.
PARTICIPANTS: Development Professionals
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $800
ORGANIZERS: Africa Center for Project Management
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org