DIPLOMA IN HUMANITARIAN LOGISTICS.
Africa Center for Project Management is pleased to announce a Diploma in Humanitarian Logistics. This is both an online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month.
Overall Course Overview:
Humanitarian Logistics is very central in disaster and emergency operations. It relates to the relocation of affected communities, movement of relief supplies and emergency transfer of casualties and relief workers involved in the operations. In every humanitarian action, logistics take the biggest budget and effort confirming the need for supporting efficient systems to ensure emergency supplies reach those in need in the most effective way. With increasing emergency situations around the world humanitarian logistics has a big demand hence the need for career development in the sector.
� To examine the logistics system including planning the activities required in a humanitarian and emergency situation.
� To understand logistics planning and implementation processes.
� To understand information needs during emergency situations especially the need for situational analysis, resource mobilization and networking with partners humanitarian organizations ensure operations are successful.
- � Responding to emergency situations
- � Needs assessment/ situational analysis for the individual humanitarian situation
- � Principles of Logistics Management
- � Logistics Planning for emergency supplies
- � Information and Communication protocols for emergency situations
- � Humanitarian partners, cooperation and management
- � Budgeting for logistics and reviewing goods availability against humanitarian needs of the operation
- � Fleet Management
- � Staff Management
- � Storage, Warehousing and stock controls
- � Procurement and Contracts Management
- � Transport and Logistics Operations
- � Movement of people and supplies in emergency situations
- � Risk management in the supply chain
- � Measuri ng logistics activities and tracking performance
- � Monitoring and Evaluation in the supply chain
- � Emerging and Global Trends in Humanitarian Logistics
There are four assignments (continuous assessment tests),research paper and one examination to be offered at the end of the course. Assignments account for 40%,research paper counnts for 30% while Examination accounts for 30% of the mark. Upon completion of the course you shall be issued with a Diploma Certificate and a course transcript.
Certificate and Transcripts will be sent after successful completion of the course.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 24 Weeks – 5 to 6 hours per week
DATES: (Six Months) Course Starts 1st of Every Month.
PARTICIPANTS: Development Professionals
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
ORGANIZERS: Africa Center for Project Management
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: email@example.com