About this course
Management Information Systems (MIS) are an integral part of today’s professional landscape. From customer relationship management (CRM) systems handling the day to day interactions with clients and prospects, to financial systems issuing invoices and paying bills, day to day working life is increasingly controlled by these systems that dictate what to do and how.
This course will focus on what MIS are, how they influence your current or prospective jobs, why they impose specific – and sometimes seemingly absurd – operational procedures, and how to use this knowledge to your advantage in your professional life.
Grasping the key concepts in MIS does not need to be daunting. We will use real world examples to illustrate key concepts, and strive to strike a proper balance between clarity / amenity and conceptual soundness. Join us on this stimulating journey that will allow you to better understand and perform in your current or desired job.
- Understand Management Information Systems (MIS) and their role in today’s organizations
- Identify how MIS shapes and controls current (or prospective) jobs and how to use this insight to improve your own job performance and satisfaction and enhance your career prospects
- Become familiar with the major trends in MIS and MIS infrastructures (Cloud, Big Data, ERPs, outsourcing) and how these evolutions will affect workplaces and business strategies
- Bridge the MIS-related second “digital gap” that exists, after basic computer literacy, in most professional jobs
Module 1: MIS. Importance Procurement
Module 2: The Communications revolution – Distributed Information Systems
Module 3: Data, Databases, Big Data
.Module 4: Integrated Information Systems (ERP) and Integrated Business Processes
Module 5: Implementing and customizing ERPs and other major MISs. Who adapts to whom?
Module 6: MISs in decision-making
- All materials are made available through our Online Learning Platform
- Students should commit approximately 5-6 hours of their time per week
Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit assignments at the end of each month.
COURSE DURATION: 6 months
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $800
ORGANIZERS: Capacity Africa Institute
LANGUAGE: English only
Kindly confirm your participation with:
Online Training Coordinator
Capacity Africa Institute