DIPLOMA IN WATER SANITATION AND HYGIENE
Development Dimensions Africa is an international humanitarian training organization whose mission is to empower humanitarian professionals with practical skills to enable them deliver humanitarian services more effectively. Our objective is to make humanitarian work successful, relevant and effective.
Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) is an important element in public health for every community. Better WASH situation is a crucial indicator for poverty index in any community. It equally becomes very critical in a humanitarian action where lack of safe water and toilets can impact on public health due to the spread of diseases.
Globally, it is estimated that over 1.3 billion people cannot access safe drinking water while close to 2.5 billion people do not have access to a toilet. These situations can contribute to the spread of diseases such as cholera and diarrhea especially among children leading to great mortality and morbidity in the community affected.
The Diploma in Water and Sanitation and Hygiene Course explores the challenges posed by lack of WASH services in many communities and humanitarian situations across the world.
The course also assists learners on how to design Wash programme to mitigate those challenges. It is an important course for those working in organizations involved in Water and Sanitation such as municipalities, public institutions, non-governmental organizations, international development planners, government bodies, public health and community health organizations among others.
- Introduction to WASH in Communities
- Water and Sanitation Needs Assessments
- Public Health in Emergencies
- Hygiene Promotions on WASH
- Health Promotions and Community Participation
- Disease Burden due to lack of WASH Services
- Disease Prevention and Disease transmissions
- Effective WASH interventions
- WASH in Humanitarian Situations
- Water Supply Systems and Technologies
- Community Participation and Management in WASH
- Water Supply Standards and Systems
- Water Quality Assessment Mechanisms
- Water and Sustainable Development Goals
- WASH and Environmental Sanitation Programmes
- Municipal Water and Solid Waste Management
- Wash in Public Institutions like schools
- Technical Skills in WASH Management
Course fee is USD 850 per person.
The course schedule is six months from 1st July 2019 to 28th February 2020
If interested in this course send your expression of interest to:
The Online Training Manager
Development Dimensions Africa
Tel no: +254 727 616 783