Director,Financial Management and Operations– Health Services Delivery (RISE II)
Why join IntraHealth?
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Summary of Role
IntraHealth seeks aDirector,Financial Management and Operationsfor the upcoming Resilience in the Sahel Enhanced (RISE II) Health Services Delivery Activity for Burkina Faso and Niger – USAID/Senegal, Sahel Regional Office’s second phase of the RISE project.
The Director, Financial Management and Operations is a key member of IntraHealth’s project leadership team, reporting to the Chief of Party. This position is responsible for providing fiscal leadership in the implementation of RISE II, ensuring the project can effectively and responsibly use USAID resources to meet project goals. The Director, Financial Management and Operations is responsible for the financial systems of the project, including project budgeting, financial monitoring, meeting legal, and auditing and contractual responsibilities. This position will be the principal financial representative of the project as well as coordinate the financial and administrative and HR functions and support to project zones. This position is expected to develop the project financial plan, to include monitoring and reporting systems that meet USG requirements and to manage contracting activities. The Director will manage all procurement and contracts/subcontract administration activities and assure compliance with organizational and donor policies.
- Establish accounting and financial systems for the project in compliance with USAID regulations and IntraHealth policies and procedures;
- Document, maintain and ensure compliance with updated finance and administration policies for entire project;
- Develop project procurement plan and ensure proper procurement policies and guidelines are followed when purchasing project supplies and equipment;
- Manage all banking transactions, including the use of mobile money;
- Maintain payroll system including tracking benefits and allowances, ensuring compliance with all applicable taxes and tax reporting;
- Oversee preparation of all vouchers and checks for approved core office expenditures;
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports to headquarters in North Carolina
- Manage cash flow—including preparing and submitting funds requests to headquarters;
- Maintain general ledger and balance sheets;
- Prepare budget variance reports on monthly basis;
- Maintain asset inventory and reports for project;
- Manage organizational risk and liability, particularly related to ensuring compliance with all relevant USAID regulations and local laws;
- Conduct analyses of financial data to inform project management;
- Provide strategic guidance and assistance in problem-solving to project leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree strongly preferred, in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field of study;
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience managing, in increasing roles of responsibility, finance, procurement, contracts management, construction, logistics and/or human resource related matters for international development activities of similar dollar value ($50 million);
- At least five (5) years of supervisory experience;
- Familiar with USG financial reporting and compliance regulations and the Federal Acquisition Regulations;
- Demonstrated ability to set up and maintain accounting and financial management systems and ability to build and review budgets;
- Experience in managing donor funded procurements and subcontracts/grants;
- Demonstrated expertise in setting up and enforcing systems to prevent fraud, abuse, and waste;
- Extensive knowledge of US and local government laws and regulations;
- Fluent in French and strong oral and written communications skills in English, and ability to negotiate with partners and USAID;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in team-based environment, supervise a professional team and ability to interact with a variety of technical, clinical and other specialists;
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel and accounting software;
- Proficiency using online financial systems and databases such as Quickbooks Desktop or Online;
- Excellent personal integrity and confidentiality.
- Professional qualification in CPA or ACCA will be an added advantage;
- Experience managing USAID cooperative agreements and contracts in West Africa.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be anequal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
To apply and learn more about IntraHealth Careers @:http://www.intrahealth.org/section/careers
Learn more about “Who We Are” @:http://www.intrahealth.org/section/about-us1