Founded in 1945 with the creation of the CARE Package®, CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. CARE places special focus on working alongside poor girls and women because, equipped with the proper resources, they have the power to lift whole families and entire communities out of poverty. Last year CARE worked in 100 countries and reached close to 70 million people around the world.
CARE is seeking an inquisitive and curious individual with the ability to demonstrate initiative and thrive in a fast-paced global environment where change is ongoing. Our Director, Global Talent Acquisition (TA) will be responsible for attracting top talent through the strategic management of CARE’s global TA teams and operations. The Director is a key member of our People and Culture senior leadership team and will lead all Talent Acquisition strategy, innovation and operations.
The TA Director will partner closely with the Sr. Director, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to ensure that efforts and processes are globalized and streamlined. In this role, s/he will be responsible for defining and executing upon the talent acquisition strategy. The ideal candidate will utilize their leadership skills to drive change, improve processes, provide analytics, and develop strategic plans for the Talent Acquisition organization.
The person in this role will be able to adapt to global changes within the organization. S/he will work closely with country offices to grow and transform our talent ecosystem across our international employee community, driving predictable outcomes while balancing innovation, efficiency, and quality. This position is accountable for providing leadership, support, advocacy, and vision to both the TA team and the leadership team as well as architecting, scaling, and executing talent acquisition efforts.
Global experience is preferred with previous experience working overseas or in an international organization. This role is based in Atlanta, GA.
Strategic Global Talent Management
- Own the global candidate generation responsibility by developing and deploying strategic talent attraction initiatives
- Manage key external resources and partnerships to meet talent needs and ensure high quality service delivery to hiring managers
- Develop and deploy a compelling employment brand through multiple global channels, partner with Marketing and Communications resources as appropriate
- Partner with People and Culture team on actions, as appropriate, to address competitive gaps.
- Continue to foster innovation through research and exploration of technology solutions; bring forward proposals to improve/extend capability. Ensure all tools/software are fully supported
- Ensure best practices and contemporary recruiting methods are deployed across the organization
- Manage all funding and contracts relating to TA tools (Skill Survey, Taleo, Sterling, etc.…)
- Manage the Talent Acquisition budgeting process as a part of the People and Culture organization
- Coach and develop the Talent Acquisition team (8 Talent Advisors and 1 Recruiting Coordinator) in the execution of recruitment to fulfill hiring requirements, ensuring a timely pipeline of global talent pools required to meet the current and future needs of the business
- Continuously improve upon time to fill, cost of hire, candidate and hiring manager satisfaction scores, and quality of hire
- Oversee the campus internship and volunteer program (1 Talent Advisor aligned to campus)
- Manage all routine reporting including presentations for the executive management team
- Continue to hire Talent Advisors in global regions as needed
- Mentor and coach a high-performing Global Talent acquisition teams
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement, innovating on engagement strategies, hiring processes, delivery models, and tools
- Develop and manage robust global metrics and KPIs to measure talent acquisition’s effectiveness and leverage data to identify actionable intelligence
- Partner with HR Business Partnerships & Learning Director, Sr. Director Equity and Inclusion, and internal stakeholders to facilitate the internal movement of people into new opportunities as part of the promotion of talent at CARE
Skills and Qualifications
The successful candidate is a fast thinking, experienced and committed leader. S/he has a thorough understanding of what it takes to deliver impactful results in challenging environments and geographies. S/he is an excellent communicator and a good partner. S/he can create a stimulating work environment that encourages innovation and accountability.
- Minimum of a BS/BA degree required or equivalent combination of education and work experience and a minimum of 10 years of experience in human resources, with at least 8 years in a talent acquisition role and at least 5 years in a TA managerial role.
- Global experience strongly preferred (can be working overseas or have worked in an international/global organization)
- Track record of designing, implementing and leveraging talent acquisition strategies and best practices to help drive measurable business results.
- Track record of effectively coaching, developing, and mentoring high performing teams.
- Ability to execute and deliver against demanding and dynamic stakeholder requirements.
- Must possess the ability to build relationships at all levels and have close collaboration with other internal and external business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to transcend between strategic thinking and operational excellence with a focus on quality and execution.
- Must demonstrate advanced technology skills, able to work comfortably in a variety of software applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, office 365 as well as e-collaborative platforms. Working knowledge of ATS platforms is mandatory
- Must have the ability and willingness to travel occasionally, potential for international travel
- English proficiency: Written and verbal. Other languages (French, Arabic, Spanish) desired.
- PHR, SPHR or GPHR certification preferred
How to apply
There are individuals who may use CARE’s name and trademark in emails and on websites in an attempt to solicit fees from interested job-seekers. Some examples of these fees are placement fees or immigration processing fees. CARE does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an up-front fee of any kind. Occasionally, CARE does employ recruiting or placement agencies to help us identify candidates for specific employment within CARE. If you’re contacted by a legitimate recruiting or placement agency, there should be no charge to you. If you suspect that you have been a victim of fraud from someone purporting to be CARE, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.