Organization: Population Services International
Job Title: Finance and Administration Director (Temporary)
Based in Bamako, Mali
Reports to: Country Representative Mali
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
Join us! With support from the Government of Mali and international donors such as Global Fund, USAID, UNICEF, OMVS and private foundations, PSI has worked in Mali since 2001. We have implemented social marketing and behavior change communications to deliver prevention and treatment products and services across a range of health areas including HIV/AIDS, malaria and family planning. PSI is currently the national principal recipient for the €54 million Global Fund Malaria grant; leads a portfolio of over $10 million in national family planning projects funded by USAID, the Dutch Embassy, and a private foundation; and is a sub-recipient for a USAID-funded supply chain project for distribution of long-lasting impregnated mosquito nets. A particularly innovative program of financially self-sufficient latrine slab sales is funded by UNICEF. PSI/Mali is poised for significant growth in 2019, with new funding anticipated from USAID/PMI for malaria, UNICEF for WASH Marketing, and both follow on and new funding from a variety of donors for family planning. The program is among PSI’s top DALY performers and has an annual budget of over $20 million.
PSI is looking for a temporary Finance and Administration Director to provide short term support in the area of finance and administration. The Temporary Director will identify and work with the Country Representative to implement improvements to the internal controls and processes around finance, administration, inventory management, procurement and logistics at PSI Mali, in line with PSI’s global policies and procedures.
Sound like you? Read on!
Finance & Administration
- Manage the general organization of the administrative and financial services
- Support Finance Team during leadership transition, evaluate business needs of finance leadership position, and recruit replacement
- Ensures the smooth running of the platform with the application of administrative, financial and accounting procedures
- Responsible for the security of the staff and the property of the organization at central and regional level (offices, residences, shops)
- Work with the warehouse team to ensure that inventory is maintained in accordance with the standards set by the Organization
- Review that inventory and equipment acquired are regularly protected against risks of all kinds (theft, destruction, etc.) and are always auditable
- Provide accurate location of needed equipment at all time
- Coordinate with the staff on the distribution of the inventory according to PSI standards.
Procurement and Logistics
- Ensure compliance with the procurement procedures for goods and services in place
- Manage and review expenses while ensuring the respect of the budget
- Confirm that all contractual clauses and donor regulations are followed in the process of procuring services or goods
- Develop the procurement plan and keep it up to date.
- Review documentation and record keeping proceduresQualifications
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin
- Degree in Finance/Accounting or a professional qualification in accounting (e.g. CPA/ ACCA)
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressively responsible positions in a large-scale, non-profit or
- commercial environment
- MBA will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated leadership working in with a large INGO finance and operations team in a challenging operating environment will be an added advantage
- Strong knowledge of funder regulations, including Global Fund, DFID and USAID.
- Experience with ERP systems and Strong working knowledge of spreadsheets required. Knowledge of QuickBooks Enterprise will be an added advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified
individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance,
matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or
expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic
information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member
status or employment status.