BRAC is an international development organisation with the vision of a world free from all forms of exploitation and discrimination where everyone has the opportunity to realise their potential. BRAC uses an integrated model to change systems of inequity through social development programmes, humanitarian response, social enterprises, socially responsible investments, and a university. BRAC is a global leader in developing cost-effective, evidence-based programmes in conflict-prone and post-disaster settings and has been ranked the #1 NGO in the world for the last three consecutive years by NGO Advisor.
BRAC acts as a catalyst, creating opportunities for people living in poverty. The organisation is specialised in piloting, perfecting, and scaling innovations to impact the lives of millions. BRAC was born in Bangladesh and is almost completely self-sustainable through its network of social enterprises and investments and operates in 11 countries across Asia and Africa: Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Philippines, Liberia, Myanmar, Nepal, Uganda, Pakistan, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and South Sudan.
BRAC is seeking a dynamic leader to fill the new position of Director of Grants Management. This individual will lead a team to provide critical support and leadership over the grants portfolio of BRAC and BRAC International. The Director of Grants Management will drive the process of developing an organisation-wide strategy for grants; facilitate and monitor grant management across organisational entities; map and target funding opportunities, as well as build key relationships within the donor community around the globe.
The position will be responsible for setting standards, policies, and procedures within the organisation around donor/partner due diligence, grant review and approval processes, internal compliance, monitoring, evaluation, and quality reporting.
• Familiarity with key donor requirements (e.g. USAID, EU, UN, the World Bank, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change in complex organisations.
• Track record of grant success (solicitation, management, reporting, evaluation).
• Ability to operate fluently in English.
• Ability to travel 30% of the time.
• The position requires a candidate with substantial experience working globally in diverse settings in leadership positions.
• Experience in grant management and acquisition, business development, and partnership management.
• Experience in managing and leading a global, dispersed team in cross-cultural and diverse environments.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a well-honed ability to think and operate strategically.
• Graduate in Management/Business/Finance/International Development from any recognised university.
Negotiable. Preference for candidates who can be based close to BRAC’s offices in New York, London, the Hague, or Nairobi.
Negotiable. Commensurate with job requirements and candidate experience.
Interested in this role? Download the appointment brief from the given link below for more information and then apply from the link.
If you have any queries please send us an email:firstname.lastname@example.org