Mercy Hands is a nongovernmental nonpolitical nonreligious international humanitarian organization, founded in 2004 in Baghdad, Iraq, with a goal to save lives and preserve human dignity. Mercy Hands is governed by a board of directors, and the highest executive body in Mercy Hands is the Executive Administration, which is headed by the Executive Director (ED). To learn more about Mercy Hands please visit www.mercyhands.org
Within Mercy Hands’ organizational hierarchy, the Director of Procurement works under the direct supervision of the Head of Logistics and Security Department. S/he supervises all Procurement Officers of the Programs. S/he works closely with the Managers and Admin and Finance Officers of the programs.
One Year, renewable. Position to be filled ASAP.
Salary and Fringe Benefits
Salary is $2000 per month for expat staff or $1500 per month for national staff.
For expat staff, in addition to the salary there will be the following fringe benefits:
- Residence, including utilities and internet;
- Driver after working hours and during holidays and weekends;
- Phone cards;
- Gym membership;
- Mercy Hands will cover social security, income tax, and health insurance;
- Reimbursement of the airfare ticket when arriving to the country and airfare ticket when departing the country at the end of the contract;
- $1500 annual allowance for airfare tickets;
- 30 days annual leave; plus sick and maternity leaves;
- Mercy Hands will be responsible for obtaining and renewing the visa and all related expenses.
The Director of Procurement is responsible for supervising all Procurement Officers and managing all programs procurement processes. The Director of Procurement will perform the following duties:
- Review and approve all procurement requests prepared by Requesters (usually program managers);
- Check with the Assets Manager for availability of requested items;
- Make sure the Program Managers and Procurement Officer follow Mercy Hands’ Procurement Policy and Procedures;
- Supervise procurement activities within each program;
- Regularly update the Suppliers List;
- Reviewing the supplier performance and identifying any contractual issues for action;
- Train and build the capacity of Procurement Officers;
- Regularly evaluate the performance of Procurement Officers;
- Participate in the selection process of new Procurement Officers;
- Work with the Executive Management to improve procurement policies and procedures;
- Serve in the bid preparation and analysis processes.
How to apply
Send your CV and Letter of Intention via e-mail to email@example.com with the subject field stating: Director of Procurement Application.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Mercy Hands is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their gender, ethnic, or religious background.
Mercy Hands is an equal pay employer. At Mercy Hands, women and men receive equal pay if they perform equal work in the same workplace.