The External Relations (ER) department is comprised of four complementary functions: Private fundraising, Mobilization & Marketing, Policy & Advocacy and Operations & Analytics. To enable IRC to deliver our Strategy100 commitments, the ER department has established a bold new approach that will improve our ability to raise diverse and flexible funding, while raising our profile and influence. The ER team is international, with colleagues in more than 10 offices globally.
Global Partnerships and Philanthropic Services (GPPS) reports into the VP, IPP, which is a part of ER, and consists of functional specialists across a variety of HV functions and is comprised of three pillars:
- Partner Engagement and Corporate Affairs;
- Program Services.
This is a brand-new role and an exciting opportunity to join the IRC’s new GPPS team and support our strategic second pillar. Functions under this role include; product development, operational partnerships, and gift in kind policy and practice. In addition to leading a large and hardworking team, the Director will collaborate with other departments, including Communications, on employee engagement strategy and donor engagement globally.
Highlights of your Responsibilities:
• Manage a team of 9 employees total, with 5 direct reports and act as a mentor and resource for the whole team;
• Manage current & develop new global visibility strategies for global high value partnerships;
• Identify and institutionalize a number of optimized HV products and protocols that would optimize best in class partnership development with corporations, foundations, and institutional philanthropy globally and in the US – including overseeing the development and roll out of donor experience related policies and practices and oversee implementation;
• Lead & support efforts to develop GIK good practice, establishment robust internal processes for valuation and organizational consensus and support across field operations and other relevant sections of the IRC;
• Lead on the organization strategy and execution of operational partnerships and risk managed innovative product development including the overseeing of thorough testing and proof of concept processes with diverse internal partners;
• Drive IRC global workplace giving strategy.
Key Working Relationships:
You will report to: Senior Director, GPPS;
Your position directly supervises: 9 employees total and 5 direct reports.
• 8-10 years’ experience in complex corporate partnership stewardship in the private sector, employee engagement, or other relevant fields;
• Good understanding of communication tools; both digital and media for partnership support use;
• Strong ability to negotiate inside large multi-disciplinary organizations bringing on new systems, processes and innovation;
• Technical expertise on Gift in Kind valuation and implementation;
• Ability to translate technical details into comprehensive & tailored materials;
• Ability to analyze and synthesize information & excellent attention to detail;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Empowering, supportive, mentoring management style.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Equality and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.