REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES – INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS SELECTION)
Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD)
World Bank/IDA supported Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project (DRDIP I) in the Horn of Africa
Consultancy for the Documentation of Community Driven Development Approach Impacts in DRDIP Implementation Areas: In the cases of Education Interventions
The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD) has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of Development Response to Displacement Impacts Project in the HoA (DRDIP I), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
Overall objective of the Assignment
The study will document good practices, human stories, lessons learnt, challenges and opportunities arising from DRDIP implementation in the refugee hosting areas in IGAD region with regards to CDD approach which is a key pillar of DRDIP implementation in promoting and supporting innovative development approaches and how CDD approach leads to a better education subprojects interventions and outcomes as efficient, effective and inclusive education intervention in the education sector and related subprojects. (The Detailed Terms of Reference (ToRs) are attached to this REoI).
The IGAD now invites eligible individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the subject consultancy services. Interested qualified applicants should send letters Expressing their Interests, updated Curriculum Vitae, and Copies of academic and work experiences.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers dated January 2011 (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant selection method set out in the Procurement Regulations mentioned above.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Masters level or equivalent postgraduate degrees in education, social sciences, development studies, economics, engineering and other relevant studies;
- A proven track record of consulting on community-led development interventions or related disciplines preferably on education;
- A minimum of eight years of professional consulting experience, including in the conceptualisation, design, management and implementation of research on basic service delivery programmes, including the education sector;
- Proven prior experience in managing data collection, strategic evaluation and research projects in the field of service delivery in refugee hosting areas;
- Proven knowledge of international and regional frameworks and policy commitments relating to development response to forced displacement and mixed migration;
- Proven record of constructive and positive engagement in high level policy dialogue with governments and other stakeholders;
- Knowledge of and experience in bilateral/multilateral engagement in developing countries;
- Experience in using audio-visual techniques in documenting human stories and project outcomes;
- Experience with World Bank supported projects and working knowledge in the IGAD region;
- Experience of working on assignments on the humanitarian-development nexus and socio-economic integration of refugees and host communities in the Horn of Africa will be considered as an added advantage;
- Excellent research, analytical and report writing skills;
- Proficiency in written and oral communication skills in English. French will be an added advantage;
Further information can be obtained by writing to the e-mail addresses below during office hours 0800 to 1600 hours EAT:
How to apply
Expressions of interest must be sent to the addresses: email@example.com , copy to: Marren.Ouma@igad.int no later than 13th of November 2020, 4:00 p.m.( E.A.T).
Terms of Reference
MergedToR-_CDD_and_Education.pdf[ ]187 kB2020-10-14 07:21