Support African National Societies to develop and increase capacity building for domestic fundraising:
· In close coordination with PSK, design and provide customized training, technical guidance and expert advice on domestic and international fundraising for NS, around such things as individual giving programs, special events, emergency resource mobilization and accountability to donors.
· Facilitate regular peer-to-peer training and establish an ANS fundraisers network.
· Provide support and co-ordination in organizing regional and international Skillshares, workshops, webinars, online platforms, crowdfunding, as well as communities of practice.
· Identify training and best practises to ensure that the 49 African National Societies can benefit from all available opportunities.
· Work closely with Operations and Communications to provide analysis and advice on framing and timing of launches of appeals and outreach to both international and domestic markets.
· Deploy as necessary in support of ANS domestic fundraising initiatives as part of emergency operational launches.
Resource mobilization capacity development planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting:
· Develop a resource mobilization capacity development strategy and a KPI-driven action plan for support to all African NS.
- Develop a simple Customer Relations System (CRM) for use by ANS and provide training and advice for ANS to adapt and implement
· Contribute to performance management and business intelligence by monitoring, supporting or implementing initiatives as needed, such as the Virtual Fundraising Hub, on-line giving, Red Cross SME development, etc.
· In consultation with PSK, design and promote generic models for individual giving, event-based asks and other strategies to help ANS manage domestic fundraising, partnership development and accountability.
· Support the Surge Capacity mechanism, as well as the Disaster and Crisis Department by providing technical assistance in the area surge for domestic fundraising
Support National Societies in securing and developing regional high value partnerships:
· Support National Societies in their endeavour to secure high value partnerships, such as those with multilaterals, corporations, or governmental, including:
o Partner National Societies, partner NS (multi and bi-lateral),
o High-net Worth Individuals, local organizations and private stakeholders,
o Governments, (always in cooperation with respective National Societies)
o Governmental and inter-governmental agencies, such as Regional Economic Commissions
o Multilateral organisations, including Global Fund, Green Climate Fund, GAVI
o Development Banks, including the African Development Bank, Islamic Development Bank and others
· Develop and implement a donor stewardship programme, foster cross-reference collaboration in high value giving at both regional and international level (individual and crowdfunding)
· Build on existing and develop new resourcing opportunities with institutional donors (including embassies, NGOs, funding circles, business collectives, partner National Societies, ICRC etc).
Research and external co-operation:
· Carry out or facilitate market studies to advise the regional office and ANS on fundraising strategies.
· Conduct regular National Society resource mobilization strategy reviews.
· Support National Societies to understand and ensure regulatory compliance and best practice in resource mobilization.
· Promote National Society participation in sector-specific domestic collaborations, (including Institute of Fundraising, Social Entrepreneurship hubs, CSR networks etc).
· Liaise with external agents to strengthen the delivery of resource mobilization, including fundraising activities, investment and business opportunities.
Collaboration within the IFRC and Red Cross Movement components:
· Work closely with the Communication and Organizational Development teams of National Societies, as well as with the IFRC Regional Office for Africa Communication, Policy, Strategy and Knowledge, Organizational Development and Volunteering teams in order to ensure the SO’s efforts are linked closely with the work of other teams.
· Work closely with leadership of National Societies to ensure understanding of the required investments and pre-requisites at the senior level for successful development of resource mobilization activities.
· Provide regular updates to supervisor and maintain an ongoing relationship with partner NS to identify support and cultivate wide-Movement interest
· Share learning with other National Societies in the region and engage in global initiatives such as the Virtual Fundraising Hub and International Fundraising Skillshare.
How to apply
Individuals who fit the above profile are encourage to apply through the link below: