- September 23, 2021
- Posted by: strategia
- Category: Humanitarian Jobs
General Description of the Programme/GOAL
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 14 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
GOAL has an annual budget of an estimated €100 million and is supported by a range of donors including the Governments of Ireland, UK, USA, the European Union, individuals, trusts and foundations. GOAL values the power of partnership and works with local and international partners to achieve its mission.
Situated in the GOAL Fundraising Team, the role of the Donor Admin Assistant is to provide administrative support to the Fundraising Team. This includes the preparation of month-end donations reconciliations (‘CRM Summaries’) which help to provide assurance over the completeness and accuracy of underlying data in the donations database, ‘CRM’. This role will function under the day-to-day supervision of the Supporter Care and Tax Officer, and report to the Individual Giving Manager. The role might suit someone with basic accounting or bookkeeping experience, whether in the not-for-profit or commercial sector, though this is not a requirement. Full time / part time / flexible working hours considered for the right candidate
The period October to December is the busiest in the Fundraising Calendar and significant numbers of individual donations are received from the fundraising activity that occurs. The New Year is also very busy from an administrative and CRM (Database) / Data systems reconciliation point of view, as well as Q1 and Q2 appeals and fundraising events.
In addition, there are important monthly administrative processes
Duties and responsibilities
Working most closely with the Supporter Care and Tax Officer but also supporting the wider fundraising team as needed.
- Process the monthly reconciliation of the donations received in our bank accounts and directly as cash, to the records entered in the CRM system (Donor Database). The Donor Admin Assistant will complete these CRM Summaries monthly in arrears at the start of the following calendar month.
- Data entry of donations to the CRM database, by both manual and automated processes
- Ensure data integrity of the CRM database through accuracy of input, and review
- Act as a point of contact for supporter queries and ensure GOAL supporters are thanked warmly and promptly for their support.
- Regular support and thank you calls to donors, for appeals, events, and tax cert acquisition.
- Complete ownership of the Thank You / Acknowledgement letter / receipt process, and prompt and accurate attention to donor queries is paramount.
- Support the Supporter Care and Tax Officer in preparing bank lodgements (cheque and cash donations) and deposit to bank daily.
- Receive and process donations via telephone and from personal callers to the office
- Open and distribute incoming post daily
Key Performance Objectives
- Prioritise the swift and accurate reconciliation of the CRM and Bank accounts i.e. – CRM Summaries within agreed timelines.
- Daily supporting the Supporter Care and Tax Officer with prompt opening and processing of campaign post and online donations
- Issuing Thank You letters / acknowledgements, and to supporter care queries within 24 hours
- Ensure supporter care phone calls occur each day.
- Strong team player with a flexible outlook to the role and the wider fundraising function.
- Act as a representative of GOAL and demonstrate the highest standards of behaviour towards children and vulnerable adults both in your private and professional lives.
- Be sensitive to supporter needs especially to those who may be in a vulnerable position themselves.
- The successful candidate must be highly numerate, with a strong commitment to accuracy and attention to detail
- Be comfortable handling and reconciling, large volumes of data
- Candidates must be highly personable with excellent interpersonal, telephone, and written communication skills
- A self-starter who can think on their feet, and is comfortable dealing with a diverse range of queries from the public
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to identify and achieve priorities, work well under pressure, and can easily adapt to changing circumstances and demands
- Excellent IT skills. The role requires competence in Microsoft Office applications in particular excellence in using Excel and be comfortable in using online applications such as Stripe, SharePoint, PayPal etc. Hands on experience with database management systems / CRM systems, and previous experience accounting systems and bookkeeping would be an advantage. Experience of using MS Dynamics will be a distinct advantage
- Minimum of 18 months experience in a sales supervision, customer service, finance and bookkeeping, or administration role.
- Candidates with bookkeeping or accounting systems experience will have a distinct advantage.
- Candidates with direct experience of a similar customer / supporter care role, with daily customer / supporter contact will have a definite advantage.
How to apply
Please Apply Here