RefuSHE Kenya is a nonprofit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya dedicated to identifying, protecting and empowering unaccompanied refugee minors, especially adolescent girls, through our specialized shelter, education and advocacy programs. The organization seeks to engage the services of a driver who will play a key role in ensuring that all matters appertaining logistics are done effectively and efficiently, and that any required official and approved movement is well captured and executed in a timely fashion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Maintain all safety and security measures on all company vehicles, this shall entail but will not be limited to checking levels of motor oil, water, tyre pressure, battery water and brakes to ensure that all are in working order on a daily basis. Ensuring that there is a spare tyre, jack and other necessary tools; fire extinguisher and first aid kits
· Ensure that the assigned vehicle is clean and regularly serviced as per schedules
· Provide safe and timely transport services to staff and participants as assigned
· Ensure that the assigned vehicle insurance policy is valid and observe proper procedure for insurance claims are followed in the event of an accident
· Ensure that RK vehicles comply with G.o.K and County Government transport regulations.
· Complete the logbook for everyday trips or specific trip and complete the fuel log sheet for any fuel purchases
· In consultation with the Logistics assistant and/or Administration Manager, coordinate vehicle allocation to staff.
· Provide monthly and quarterly usage report of vehicles including total mileage and fuel consumption
· Ensure that all vehicle trips are authorized in advance by the Administration Manager and/or logistics assistant.
· Ensure that vehicle keys and documents are kept in a secure place when the vehicle is not in use.
· Ensure proper vehicle handover while proceeding on leave or off duty
· Comply with all relevant RefuSHE Kenya policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security and other relevant policies.
· Responsible for RefuSHE Kenya staff and beneficiary’s security in the vehicles by using the most convenient, safe and reliable routes/roads.
· Timely reporting to the Logistics Assistant/Administration Manager of incidences or accidents that involve RefuSHE Kenya assigned vehicle in your use
· Support the administration office in dispatching and collecting of mails from the post office and running any other official errand as may be assigned by the supervisor.
· Have attained O levels [KCSE]
· A valid Kenya driving license class BCE
· Fluent in English and Swahili
· Firs Aid training will be an added advantage
· Advanced defensive driving training is an added advantage
· Certificate of Good Conduct
· Able to maintain confidentiality agreement
· Previous driving & working experience in the NGO sector is an advantage
· Excellent interpersonal skills; can work independently and with teams
· Good understanding of Nairobi and the environs
· Must be a Kenyan Citizen and present his/her national identification card, NSSF and NHIF registration and KRA PIN certificate upon request
Your application should be sent to the address below indicating the position for applied in the email subject by close of business Tuesday 25th June 2019. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format and given your sir name) with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, names and contacts of three referees, one of which should be your current supervisor.
Ps: Please note that RefuSHE Kenya does not charge any fees for receiving or processing job applications. RefuSHE Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
NB. All applications should only be sent through the email provided.
P.O Box 63192 – 00619 Nairobi Kenya
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.