Organization: World Food Programme
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
From 07 April 2019 till 21 April 2019
Type of contract /duration
Type of contract: Service contract (SC).
Duration: Six months.
Duty Station: Aleppo
Number of employees required: 2
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
These jobs are found in Regional Bureaux (RBs), Country Offices (COs), Area Offices (AOs) and Field Offices (FOs). Job holders report to the Administration Officer, Logistics Officer or the designate, and drive light vehicles, trucks, vans, motorcycles or any other type of land transport. They may also be assigned to operate speed boats or other types of water crafts. The job may involve basic administrative assistance in the office or stores.
To provide efficient and safe transportation of authorized personnel and/or commodities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Provide transportation of authorized personnel including translation of basic conversations from/to the local language, and/or delivery of various items/commodities following authorized routing and UN safety and security rules and regulations to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Meet official personnel and visitors at the airport or other entry po ints and provide basic assistance with visa and customs formalities to facilitate smooth and safe entry and arrival to the authorised destinations.
- Responsible for accurate maintenance of the vehicle log books, and daily reporting to the supervise or on mechanical status, to ensure efficient vehicle use and fuel consumption supporting accurate accounting and cost-efficiency.
- Responsible that the assigned vehicle is kept clean and in a good condition including all equipment, the maintenance is done on time, vehicle is fully equipped with required travel authorisations and supplies, and any mechanical issues are reported to the supervisor to ensure safe and efficient services.
- Follow established rules and regulations for field deliveries and/or in cases of an accident, and report immediately to the supervisor on any apparent problems, to seek for instructions and facilitate informative decisions on the way forward.
- Outside driving duties, perform basic office related tasks such as filing, photocopying and maintaining stores when required including delivery/collection of various items, mailing service and payment of office telephone and other bills to ensure administrative support to clients.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: Completion of secondary school education. Formal drivers training with a valid driver’s
license/certification to operate assigned vehicle following local rules and regulations.
Experience: Two or more years of work experience as a Driver, preferably in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a demonstrated safe driving record. Experience in driving a variety of makes and models of vehicles, including vans , trucks and other kinds of motorised vehicles. Experience in defensive driving is desirable.
Knowledge & Skills:
Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, local roads/waterways and conditions, and security issues.
Knowledge of the vehicle loading capacity and other parameters.
Knowledge of driving/boat operating rules and regulations whichever applicable.
Knowledge of safety standards and safety equipment (e.g. fire extinguishers, buoyant wearable safety devices, etc.).
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Basic skills to assist in case of emergency, knowledge of first aid basic methods.
Knowledge and ability to use radio, email, telephone and other applications.
Ability to assess vehicles for mechanical fitness and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
Ability to demonstrate a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy and tact.
Language: Fluency in English and Arabic Languages
WFP is dedicated to promoting and maintaining the highest degree of physical, mental and social well-being of all staff members. Accordingly, it seeks to offer a safe and healthy working environment focusing on balancing the professional and personal demands of its personnel of all contract types and thus WFP offers flexible working options.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your professional CV in English in PDF format making sure to include the following in terms of “Experience”:
Company/Organization name and scope of work of the organization
Exact Position Title
Contract type: part-time, full-time, volunteer, consultant, or freelancer
Start and End date of Employment for each position: From (dd/mm/yyyy) to (dd/mm/yyyy)
Responsibilities: To mention the main responsibilities that highlight your gained skills and experience
A proof of your experience will be required in the final stage of recruitment.
Only short-listed candidates, who meet the minimum requirements for the advertised position, shall be contacted.
Driving licence “D” type is required
Please upload a copy of your education certificate and the driving licence to your application
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once application is submitted.
(If any of the below links do not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the
browser address bar)
External candidate :