Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 02 Oct 2018
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of staff members and authorized visitors and delivers/collects urgent mails, documents and other items to/from government office, run errands.
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities, as required.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, checks oil, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., and the assigned vehicle is MOSS compliant in terms of medical kits and communication equipment, performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs.
- Ensures that the vehicle is kept clean (in and outside).Â
- Logs official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc.
- Ensures that the steps required by rules and regulations are taken, in case of involvement in an accident.
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Timely transport service provided to UNICEF staff, Guests, etc.
- Keep the assigned vehicle in good condition, including cleaning it.
- Keep daily vehicle records updated
- Produce monthly vehicle report by 05th day of each month
- Reports vehicle movement in the field through the radio as per the standing UN rules and regulations
- Reports vehicle status/condition regularly
Expected background and Experience
- Primary education; drivers license; knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Minimum 2 years work experience as a driver; safe driving record.
- Good knowledge of the local language and familiarity of the duty station is an asset.
- Communication, working with people, drive for results, Analyzing, Planning and Organizing, Following Instructions and Procedures, Adapting and Responding to Change
General Conditions: Procedures and Logistics
- The drivers will be based in Jijiga office with frequent field mission to other parts of the region
- Full DSA will be paid when on official trip outside the duty station
Policy both parties should be aware of:
- Same rules/policy governing TA positions will apply
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The technical competencies required for this post are….
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516321