ACTIVITIES AND ROLE
The Regional Representative represents COOPI and supports the intervention of the Organization in the geographical area of interest, ensuring that COOPI mission and vision are respected in the Countries’ strategy and in the implementation of the programs’ activities. He/she is responsible of all organizations’ activities in the country area and he/she promotes relationships with different stakeholders (national and international). He/she does periodical missions in order to control the Country Coordinations and programs.
- He/she participates to the International Committee of Activities.
- He/she defines and promotes the regional strategy to the Headquarter, specifically in its countries of competences and related priorities of intervention.
- He/she cooperates with the Head of Missions in order to identify the project of activities with respective donors and partners.
- He/she guarantees the application of COOPI procedures and internal rules, the respect of ethical principles, the anti-corruptions tools and prevention against any abuse, the proper implementation of projects with particular reference to the stakeholders and beneficiaries and respect of the donors’ procedures. Furthermore, he/she is responsible of programmed results and economy of the whole area of his/her competences, as well as the management of the Human Resources.
- He/she develops and enhances relations with different (national and international) stakeholders: donors, Institutions, authorities, national and international NGOs, local counterparts, in order to guarantee a possible and better management of current activities. He/she identifies new possible programs/interventions in harmony with defined strategies with the country and the Headquarter.
- Together with the Headquarter, he/she coordinates the development of the relationship with stakeholders in Italy and in Europe.
STRATEGY AND PROGRAMMING / PLANNING
- He/she develops and proposes to Direction the interventions’ priorities in order to reach goals of the Organization in the geographical area, he/she collaborates together with Head of Missions the preparation and periodical update of respective documents of Strategic Planning and Operational Plans.
- He/she does continuous monitoring/supervision of implementation of the strategies and the operational plans in the Country Coordinations.
PROJECTS’/PROGRAMS’ MONITORING AND MANAGEMENT
- He/she supervises the process, the script and the preparation of documents which are necessary to present new projects, with the support of the headquarter office.
- He/she ensures the supervision of narrative and financial reports, to send all the official documentation of projects (contracts, official correspondence, reports, narrative and financial, partnerships agreements etc.) and preparation of monitoring documentation requested by the main office for directional donors’.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- He/she is responsible, with the support of field offices under its responsibility, the budget analysis both forecast and final balance, and financial and economical trends of the country of its competence. (Preparation of annual budget and revisions).
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT
- In collaboration with HR office and Head of Missions abroad, he/she guarantees the selection and the negotiation of expat staff in order to establish terms of contract (TDR, plan of mission in the headquarter and in the country, contractual amount, security benefits and other kind of benefits).
- He/she follows the process of selection in collaboration with the Human Resources Office and he/she participates to the interviews to evaluate candidates.
- He/she controls the proper flow of relative documents regarding the human resources management of expatriates between headquarter office and countries of interests: he/she activates and concludes the process of negotiation, supervises the process of the preparation, signs and submits of the contract.
- In collaboration with offices’ support depending from it, he/she participates in the definition of the plan of selected staffs’ training and the process of evaluation of their performance.
- He/she supervises the Countries Coordinations in the management of local staff and expatriates and the proper application of security procedures.
- He/she controls the security situation inside the country of interest in close contact with Head of Missions and in collaboration with the headquarter office, he/she make necessary decisions in case of crisis situation.
- He/she ensures the contact with the UN agencies, who are aware about the security inside the country of interest.
- In collaboration with the Head Quarters office for Communication, he/she coordinates the visibility and the communication activities in the Countries of interests
- He/she monitors the application of guidelines and procedures of security in the countries of competences.
PROCEDURES AND INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS (MAIN OFFICE-COUNTRIES)
- Together with Headquarter Offices, he/she guarantees the preparation and update of country rules and procedures of security in harmony to the internal procedures of COOPI.
- He/she ensures the respect of the procedures of donors and contractual limitations as well as contractual procedures of COOPI.
- University degree, or other relevant academic background with particular focus in International Relations, Cooperation and Development, Humanitarian Management and Emergency;
- At least 10 years working experience, as Head of Mission / Coordinator and Programs manager;
- Previous experience in HR Management;
- Previous experience in COOPI overseas will be an asset;
- Previous experience in Eastern Africa Countries will be an asset;
- Proactive aptitude in terms of planning and coordination with different bodies, Institutions and local authorities;
- Excellent leadership skills, aimed at managing and motivating a multicultural team;
- Positive ability to bear stressful and complicated situations;
- Diplomatic and confidentiality skills;
- Target oriented and problem solving aptitude;
- Good knowledge and use of the English and Italian Language, both written and spoken;
- Previous experiences in project writing and management;
- Good report writing skills;
- Good administrative skills;
- Stress Management.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.