EnCompass LLC is seeking an Editing and Product Development Specialist l to ensure that EnCompass communication products and technical deliverables adhere to the company’s style and quality standards. This includes support for all levels of editing, document formatting, and writing. The Editing and Product Development Specialist also helps coordinate requests for editing, formatting, and writing to ensure that EnCompass technical teams and other groups receive the services they need from the Communications Team. The position also supports the development of tools, training, and resources to build staff capacity in producing high-quality written materials.
The position duties can be performed from the EnCompass headquarters in Rockville, MD, or virtually. NOTE: This position is expected to be remote until the end of 2020, due to COVID-19.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Provide high-quality, audience-focused editorial services (copy editing, proofreading, and substantive editing) and document production (formatting) support for external and internal communication products (e.g., evaluation reports, studies, strategies, training material, work plans, new business proposals, blog posts, white papers, and news articles) in compliance with EnCompass’ and client’s branding and marketing standards
- Collaborate with other Communications Team members to manage incoming requests, assess individual and team workload, and prioritize tasks
- Design and deliver orientation sessions, refresher training, and other learning opportunities to raise EnCompass staff’s knowledge and skills related to editing, writing, and EnCompass’ style
- Collaborate with other members of the Communications Team to create and update EnCompass templates for reports and other materials, and orient teams on how to effectively use them
- Periodically review the EnCompass Style Guide and related tools and resources to reflect current industry trends or organizational changes; updates materials as needed; and orient staff across the company to any updates
- Contribute to team and corporate work plans, quality initiatives, and other activities that apply to the role of communications at EnCompass
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events
- May supervise or mentor staff
- May require occasional travel (e.g., for all-staff meetings)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum BA degree and 6 years’ experience or MA and 4 years’ experience in professional editing, writing, communications, or a related field
Experience and Skills
- Strong writing and editing skills and an in-depth command of English language grammar and syntax
- Strong ability to restructure parts of language to achieve grammatical correctness, linguistic efficiency, uniformity, and seamless readability without disrupting the author’s style or intended meaning
- Exceptional thoroughness heightened attention to detail and commitment to consistency
- Demonstrated ability to apply the guidance in an organization-specific style guide, and differentiate between American and British English to adhere to client’s standards as needed
- Advanced skills in working with templates and formatting materials using Microsoft Office programs, especially Word and PowerPoint; working with charts in Microsoft Excel
- Flexibility, openness to change, and proven ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work independently with diverse team at all levels of an organization; and aptness in inclusivity and multiculturality
- Knowledge of more than one language is preferred
- Familiarity with international development programs is highly desirable
- Understanding of compliance with Section 508 of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or copyright law highly desirable
- Ability to provide clear and constructive feedback, and receive feedback from colleagues
- Strong work ethic with a commitment to excellence
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application.
The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Editing skills, Editing, Fluent English, Writer, Style guide, Grammar, Communications, Editor, Formatting, Powerpoint, MS word, International Development, Section 508, Copyrights, proofreading, Substantive Editing, Blog post, Document Reviews, Proposals, White paper
How to apply
Please click on link to apply