Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 03 Oct 2018
Under the supervision of the Head of Section, the National Administrator will have the following responsibilities:
- Conduct data collection and analysis at the project site level for the purpose of situation analysis and periodic updating, planning and effective management of the education program with emphasis on introduction new approaches to improving access to quality education in the north and northeast of the country, including vulnerable children
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of program activities in the project sites; monitor the financial and material resources made available to the beneficiary communities through the education program for their effective use, monitor the implementation of the strategies and approaches defined in the education program and identify new strategies experienced in the areas projects requiring their inclusion in the extension of the program in other areas
- Support regional and local education sector managers to identify their training and equipment / equipment needs for the fulfillment of their mission and share them with the national level
- Contribute to reinforce the capacities of regional and local actors of education through the contribution to the organization and the follow-up of the various formations by linking with the new strategies, the organization of the regular meetings of exchange of information on the basis monitoring reports on activities on the one hand and new strategic orientations formulated by national education authorities on the other
- Assist education stakeholders at regional and local level to propose plans for the distribution of supplies and materials provided by the program and monitor their distribution to beneficiaries
- Evaluate and analyze financial and supply reports to ensure the adequacy of documentation, expenditures in relation to allocations and the efficient use of supplies and materials provided by the education program
- Organize donor monitoring and evaluation missions in project sites
- Contribute to the promotion of quality basic education through sensitization and dialogue at regional and local level.
How can you have an impact …?
To qualify as an agent of change for every child, you must …
- Being of Ivorian nationality
- Have a Master’s degree in Education Sciences, Social Sciences or a related field
- Have a progressive professional experience of at least 5 years in the development, management, monitoring and evaluation of the education program;
- * A Master’s degree (BAC plus 4) will be accepted with 6 years of experience in the place of the Master.
- Have good communication, analyst and negotiating skills with partners;
- Have experience in capacity building of national, regional and local actors
- Have the ability to express ideas and concepts orally and in writing as clearly and concisely as possible;
- To be able to maintain working relationships in a team spirit;
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment
- Have mastery of basic management software (Windows, Excel, Word);
- Have good knowledge of French and English.
For each child, you must demonstrate …
Our foundational values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and basic competencies in Communication, Teamwork and Achievement of Results.
• Formulation of Strategies and Concepts (Level I) • Analytical Capacity (Level II) • Application of Technical Expertise (Level II) • Learning and Research (Level II) • Planning and Organization (Level II)
• Temporary position (TA) for one (1) year renewable for a maximum of 2 years.
• UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce, encourages all applicants, regardless of gender, nationality, religion and ethnic background, including persons with disabilities, to apply for membership organisation.
• Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted and will take part in the next stage of the selection process.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all over the world. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=516420