World Vision International
World Vision is a humanitarian, development, and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world.
Founded over 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programmes and helps build resilient communities. Our Disaster Management team acts to save lives and alleviate suffering of crises-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
AsEducation in Emergencies (EiE) Specialist – SAFCER, Mozambique, you will provide technical support to all education projects and at the same time leadership and management support to the UNICEF Education in Emergency project that is implemented according to the education in emergency minimum standards. You will be the focal point for both internal and external engagements related to UNICEF project on behalf of Southern Africa Food and Cyclone Emergency Response (SAFCER) program. You will spearhead working with Ministry of Education at provincial and district levels, partners and community partners to implement some of the programs and ensure that the partners progressively have the requisite capacity to meet donor standards.
- Minimum a Bachelor’s degree with minimum of five years’ experience in Education management and programing in emergencies. A Master’s degree in Humanitarian Assistance or related field from a recognized University will be an advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience designing, planning, implementing, supervising and reporting on Education in Emergencies Programming and at least 3 years’ experience in EiE management.
- Excellent proposal development skills and familiar with UNICEF grant regulations.
- Flucency in English. Portuguese an added advantage.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 30% of the time.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this positiononlineandapply by the closing date 25 SEP 2019.For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website:www.wvi.org.Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.