Organization: International Rice Research Institute
The International Rice Research Institute (IRRI) is the world’s premier research organisation dedicated to improving livelihoods and nutrition, abolishing poverty, hunger and malnutrition among those who depend on rice-based agri-food systems. In doing so, IRRI’s work protects the health of rice farmers and consumers, and the environmental sustainability of rice farming in a world challenged by climate change. IRRI’s work promotes the empowerment of women and supports opportunities for youth in an equitable agri-food system.
India has the world’s largest area under rice cultivation and is one of the largest producers of rice, accounting for 20% of global rice production. IRRI and India have been successfully collaborating for more than five decades. Formal collaboration between India and IRRI dates back to 1967 and was formalised under the ICAR-IRRI Memorandum of Agreement for cooperation in research and training. The Government of India approved recently the establishment of an IRRI South Asia Regional Centre (ISARC) at Varanasi in the State of Uttar Pradesh. It represents an exciting new opportunity to develop an even stronger partnership with India and other SAARC Member States.
ISARC will include a Centre of Excellence on Rice Value Addition (CERVA) at the National Seed Research and Training Centre (NSRTC), Varanasi. A node of the IRRI Education will be established to provide training to strengthen the capacity of rice-growing countries in both South Asia and Africa, enhancing south-south collaboration. It will also have the capacity to conduct courses in other areas of relevance to the rice sector.
IRRI Education’s purpose is to take the knowledge and skills that underpin IRRl’s research for development activity and make them available to all in the rice-based agri-food systems world. There are education courses and programmes in all aspects of the rice value chain, from farm to consumption; in the science that underpins IRRI’s research; and in the leadership and policy development areas. More information is available on the IRRI Education website.
Under the minimal direction of the Head, IRRI Education, the IE Manager, ISARC has overall responsibility for all IRRI Education activity within India and the IRRI South Asia region. (There will also be growing linkages to IRRI Education’s work in Africa.)
“IRRI Education Activity” includes course design, marketing, and the delivery of educational programmes. The IE Manager, ISARC will also need to understand the overall business model of IRRI Education and take a leadership role in general operations of the Unit at Varanasi.
Qualifications and Experience
· Experience in high-level business development interactions with government leaders, government agencies, and private sector.
· Experience in marketing of post-secondary (university or adult-learning).
Skills and Knowledge
· Demonstrate excellent knowledge of and experience in post-secondary education approaches and technologies.
· Demonstrate a working knowledge of and experience in marketing education.
· Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal.
· Experience in managing a team and handling.
· Strong decision-making.
· Excellent English communication.
· Has worked in an international organisation delivering education and training.
· Has knowledge and experience of Indian and South Asian.
· Knowledge of Hindi will be an advantage.
· Tertiary qualification, preferably in business or science-related
Location: Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh, India
Closing: 6th May
For more information and to apply: https://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/education-manager-isarc/