Organization: Basmeh and Zeitooneh
Basmeh and Zeitooneh was launched in September 2012 with field visits to areas with high concentrations of the most marginalized and neediest Syrian refugees the main goal of the visits is to assess the needs and to fill the gaps left by other aid agencies. The organization is officially registered NGO in Lebanon in 2014.
Basmeh & Zeitooneh has established an office in Gaziantep and has started to work in Development and Relief domain as Syrian Civil Society Organization in 2014 & officially registered in 2015.
Basmeh & Zeitooneh in Turkey is pleased to announce this job opportunity in Gaziantep, Turkey.
Job Title: Education Technical Coordinator (ETC)
Reports to: Project Manager
Line Management Responsibilities: None
Duration of Initial Contract: Full-time/ 12 Months, with possibility for extension
Work Location: Gaziantep-TURKEY
Duties, Responsibilities and Tasks:
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Education Technical Coordinator will:
- Establish new partnerships and working relationships with potential partners who have a mandate and expertise on Education programs, such as UNICEF, UNHCR, etc.
- Develop Education program policies and long-term strategic plans in line with the organization overall strategy, in close coordination with the operations team.
- Take a lead role in formulating the project, results, frameworks, Logical framework, based on the needs, with an emphasis on the sustainability of programs.
- Responsible for the overall technical management of the education activities in the project across the implementing areas.
- Undertake regular monitoring meeting with the field team in all project location and devise action plans (based on the outcome) to ensure continued support to the project field team as well as to improve quality of the program in line with the project objectives, technical requirements, strategies and donor compliances.
- Propose modifications to program approaches and strategies based on lessons learned, changing contexts, policy change and analysis of the ongoing programs.
- Play a leading role in capacity building of the team and partners to ensure they are equipped with required working knowledge and skills and adequately capable to fulfill their tasks with high standards and quality.
- Work in close coordination and Collaboration with other technical Coordinators and staffs to develop integrated project strategies, cost-effective methods, working approaches, tools/guides for project development and delivery.
- Represent the organization at external meetings, working groups and other events relevant to education program, strategy, and policies.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the submission of timely, accurate and well-written donor reports and other reporting requirements of the education program.
Qualifications and experience required:
- University degree or higher education in the field of education, social sciences or related.
- Experience in managing education programmes in volatile and complexed contexts.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working within the education sector for humanitarian organizations
- Experience of working in complex and volatile contexts and knowledge of the middle-east context.
- Strong critical analysis and problem solving skills Fluency in English and Arabic – both written and verbal.
Interested candidates who meet the above-mentioned qualification are invited to submit their resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org with (B&Z-TR-ETC) in the subject of their email.
CV should include: Education, Legal status, Location (city), Professional Experience, Qualifications.
Deadline : 28 September2018.
**The application received after the closing date will not be given any consideration.
Only short listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for test and interview.