Embassy of Finland Kenya Grants for Youth and Women and Rights NGOs
The Embassy of Finland in Nairobi has announced a call for project proposals to Fund for Local Cooperation (FLC).
FLC plays a complementary role to the Finnish development co-operation programme in Kenya, with the aim of reducing poverty and inequality.
The fund supports the initiatives of Non-Governmental organizations (NGOs) and other non-state actors in Kenya. The support is intended for project based support only.
FLC will offer support to civil society organizations under the following priority areas;
Realization of Women’s and Girls’ Rights: Enhancing equity in decision-making in particular at county and ward level, Gender Based Violence prevention, women’s participation in peace and security or localization of the National Action Plan on Women Peace and Security, promoting work on male engagement for gender equality.
Promotion of Youth Employment: Improving the employability of youth, especially those graduated at TVET level.
Human Rights Promotion, Citizen Participation and Oversight for Accountable Governance: Strengthening of human rights promotion and citizen engagement for the benefit of marginalised and vulnerable groups (women, youth, persons with disabilities PWD, people facing intersectoral discrimination) to increase citizen voice in decisions about how public resources are allocated and implemented and how public policy is planned and executed.
- Selected projects will receive a grant between Euros 30 000 – 200 000. The maximum funding available for this Call is 550 000 Euros.
- The implementation period is one or two years. The proposed project should focus to address one or more of the above-mentioned areas and respond to identified needs in the
- Kenyan context for reduction of poverty and inequalities.FLC funding cannot be granted:
- To government ministries or counties
- To Unregistered association or organization
- To Support the activities of a political party
- For basic research
- For single cultural events
- For charity
- For humanitarian aid
- For scholarship or assistance for applicant’s personal use
- For purchasing land
- To a fund
- For building the capital of microcredit system.Eligibility Criteria
The applicant needs to be a non-governmental organization, civil society organization or foundation, or non-profit private entities registered in Kenya.
- Alignment with Finland’s development policy and the above mentioned priority areas
- Clearly defined project outputs and targeted outcomes supported by adequate indicators, baseline data and risk assessment
- Realistically planned project activities that contribute to the desired outputs
- Project budget that is in line with the activities
- Previous documented experience and management capabilities of the applicant in the same sector/theme
- The applicants must have a sound financial record, as well as sufficient human resources for the implementation of the project.Apply by 20th May.
For more information and application details, see; Embassy of Finland Kenya Grants for Youth and Women and Rights NGOs