Embassy of Japan Grants for South Africa Grass-roots Human Security Projects
The Embassy of Japan in South Africa is accepting applications for its Grant Assistance for Grass-roots Human Security Projects (GGP) that aims to assist Non-Profit Organisations by supporting relatively small development projects which have a direct and immediate impact on the well-being of disadvantaged communities at the grass-roots level.
The Embassy of Japan in the Republic of South Africa reviews grant applications from the Republic of South Africa, the Kingdom of Lesotho, and the Kingdom of Eswatini.
The site of the proposed project must be located within one of the three countries.
- General (Other)Funding Information
An approximated maximum amount of ZAR 1,000,000.00 is available for funding (NONE of which can be used to cover any VAT for an approved project).
Applications that exceed the maximum amount are declined automatically.
This amount is exceeded only under exceptional circumstances approved by the Embassy of Japan.
NB: GGP funding is issued out of Japan. The ZAR amount of R1,000,000.00 is based on a maximum amount of 10 million Japanese Yen.
As a result any GGP funding is subject to change due to the inevitable fluctuation of the exchange rate.
- Registered NPOs may apply and a copy of the NPO registration certificate must be attached to the application form. NPOs include non-governmental organisations, community-based organisations, primary and secondary schools, hospitals, clinics, and local governments.
- Individuals or private companies are NOT eligible to apply.
- Only one (1) application will be considered per organisation
- The applicant organisation must have at least 3 (three) years’ experience in the sector of the proposed project.The applicant organisation is required to be established and sound, and to have sustainable and stable foundations in terms of finance, personnel, project management, etc.
Therefore, the Embassy cannot fund newly established organisations, pilot projects, or initial start-up costs, etc.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can download the application forms available online on the given website.
Apply by 21st February.
For more information and application details, see; Embassy of Japan Grants for South Africa Grass-roots Human Security Projects