Organization: Save the Children
As a member of the East and Southern Africa regional management team, you will take shared responsibility for the development of the of the region’s humanitarian responses as an integrated portfolio within all CO CSPs and programs, delivering timely, efficient and high-quality responses for children.
You will ensure and enable that Country Offices in the region;
1) meet operating standards for preparedness;
2) grow their humanitarian programme portfolio and programming capacity;
3) respond effectively and efficiently to humanitarian crises;
4) access surge capacity, humanitarian management and other expertise from Members.
You will support and enable the East and Southern Africa Regional Office to;
1) meet back office requirements for all humanitarian crises;
2) maintain appropriate regional emergency preparedness;
3) engage with regional humanitarian partners.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
Qualifications and experience:
· Emergency management track record including humanitarian field operations experience in both slow and rapid onset emergencies
· Knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
· Experience of emergency preparedness, early action and DRR frameworks and approaches
· Good knowledge of one or several of Save the Children’s core emergency sectors (health, nutrition, food security and livelihoods, child protection, education, shelter, water/sanitation/hygiene)
· Project management and advisory skills
· Training, facilitation, and team building skills
· Commitment to Save the Children values
· Desire to build a professional career in humanitarian work with Save the Children
· Able and willing to undertake new functions and responsibilities and dramatically change work practices and hours in the event of a humanitarian crisis
· Experience developing strategic relationships with donors, UN agencies, host governments and other institutions holding common interests with Save the Children.
· A qualification in disaster management or related area
· Experience of working in a range of countries in the East and Southern Africa region
· Fluency in English and Portuguese, French desirable.
Contract length: 2 years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To apply ,please visit the link below ;