FHI 360 has an immediate opening for a Crisis Response Coordinator to oversee an anticipated OFDA funded project –Rapid Response to the Ebola Outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo.Based in Beni, North Kivu, this 3 month project will support community based surveillance and detection efforts in concerned health zones. The project will coordinate closely with the Ministry of Health, the World Health Organization and UNICEF. Fluent French speakers only. Experience in infectious diseases and with USAID/OFDA preferred. Specific job duties to be tailored to project needs. This position is a deployment to an active Ebola zone, which is considered high to extreme risk due to Ebola and the ongoing insurgency activity in North Kivu/Ituri. FHI 360’s Crisis Response Unit’s expectations of an emergency Response Coordinator per below. Start date will be early October.
Leads the organization’s humanitarian response activities at the field level, providing leadership to ensure rapid, scale-able and high-quality response. Serves as the lead senior representative in the field. Primary responsibilities are to manage and support all activities for potential sites. Manages all project related activities while ensuring internationally accepted practices of care and treatment are followed.
- Oversee on-site humanitarian response including management of programs, personnel, logistics, security, fundraising, external representation and transition planning.
- Manage field staff including technical leads, HR, logistics, grants and administration, finance, monitoring and evaluation, and others at the field level to create a strong foundation for emergency programming.
- Oversee quality and consistency of programs through on-site monitoring to ensure and enhance program effectiveness and quality.
- Advocate with and/or advise peer agencies, local governments, donors and other stakeholders to influence responses to promote delivery of inclusive and high-quality humanitarian services.
- Oversee and ensure compliance with FHI 360 policy, procedures and practices throughout the program; recommend country or emergency specific policy/procedures as required.
- Provides technical guidance in the development and dissemination of tools, protocols and interventions for protection support.
- Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
- Provides leadership and team building.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to influence peer agencies, local government and community leaders to work effectively towards a common and agreed upon result.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and implement best practices and processes affecting multiple technical specialties to achieve rapid, consistent and high-quality outcomes.
- Knowledge and application of Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS), Sphere standards and Red Cross/NGO Code of Conduct.
- Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political, contextual, and ethical issues in assigned areas.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Bachelor’s Degree or its International Equivalent in Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- Typically requires 5-8 leading complex on-site emergency response projects and/or programs.
- Experience establishing startup operations/projects in new countries preferred.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private company of progressive program management experience in humanitarian assistance or related industry experience in a relevant technical area.
Duty of Care Statement: This duty station has been designated as high risk, extreme risk, or unaccompanied post and poses a heightened risk or direct threat to personal safety. Applicants should research this location and the associated risks before submitting an application.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through acompetitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
FHI 360 is anequal opportunity and affirmative action employer.FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.