The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until September 31, 2021. There are very good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Bangui, Central African Republic.
As Emergency Head of Project, you will manage and implement a complex project based on the specified directives in terms of speed, content, schedule and budget. The project is carried out in accordance with Welthungerhilfe standards and the directives and contractual agreements with the donor. You will be involved in the development of new emergency projects with the country team and provide strategic leadership in all areas of emergency preparedness and programme planning to strengthen the country office’s capacity to respond to all relevant types of emergencies.
- Carrying out the project according to the rules and standards of the co-financing donor and Welthungerhilfe
- Ensuring that all project relevant support is in place (Monitoring, Logistics, Finance administration, etc.)
- Responsible for modifying and continuing project planning and project budget
- Coordinating MEAL activities and organisation of the systematic collection, processing and analysis of data/information according to project documentation and agreed results
- Reporting to the Country Director and Head of Programmes on the progress of the project and all risks associated with the project work
- Managing staff according to Welthungerhilfe principles, staff policies and Welthungerhilfe strategy
- Responsible for the implementation and the monitoring of the security management system of Welthungerhilfe in the project area
- Maintain ongoing surveillance of the developing humanitarian emergency situation and adjust activities accordingly
- Play an active role within Welthungerhilfe’s Humanitarian network
- A university or polytechnic degree, preferably in the areas of Humanitarian & Disaster Response, Conflict transformation, Disaster Risk Management or Project Management
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience working in the global south, including Sub-Saharan Africa or South East Asia
- Excellent diplomatic and communication skills and the ability to involve a range of stakeholders, from local authorities to national government ministers
- Strong planning skills, ability to work under pressure and to deliver results in a challenging context
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English and French, German language skills would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under“Our benefits”.
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by August 16, 2020 by following this link.Your contact person is Carolin Moellenbeck.