CTG OverviewCTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.Overview of position
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Shelter/NFI Project Officer and the direct supervision of the National Emergency Response Officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting to field operations of direct assistance to migrants and IDPs in close coordination with local authorities, partners and other Units of IOM in Sabha Libya and maintain close coordination with the direct assistance team based in Zawiya, Beni Walid, Tripoli, Benghazi and Tunis within the IOM Libya Emergency Response portfolio.
He/she will be based in Sabha Libya and will assist with the operations of the DA activities in Libya.
Closely follow up with the national officer and designated operations staff to assist in the implementation of project activities, including overall coordination and distribution of Non-Food Items (NFI), emergency shelter and other related humanitarian response in the Libya operations.
- Carry out regular field visits to monitor and follow through the distribution process at migrants Detention Centres (DCs) under DCIM (Directorate for Combating Illegal Migration), and monitor proper, accurate, timely delivery and handover of items to the selected migrants in the DCs.
- Follow up on the submission of full and proper documentation of every activity (or distribution), including but not limited to, Request Letter, Needs Assessment, Beneficiary lists, Narrative reports, photos, Consent form and any other program related documents.
- Gather data from the field related to needs assessments, distributions and evaluations and collect the pre-distribution assessment forms for the IDPs and migrants to be reflected in the planned distribution.
- Assist with joint activities with other organizations and IOM units for migrants inside and outside Detention Centres and for IDPs and host communities and follow up on proper planning, implementation, and submission of relevant documentation by participating units.
- Provide support to the internal coordination between the DAU, logistics and warehouse including regular check of the stock availability and regular follow up on distributed stock, following up delivery schedules and share relevant information (i.e. delivery plan, types of trucks, destination, etc.)
- Whenever required, coordinate with implementing partners on, planning and delivery of items (NFI, Shelter, etc.), distribution of items, and submission of documentation (distribution plan, good receipts, waybill etc.) and ensure delivery of logistics requirements.
- Travel frequently to the field, both inside Benghazi as well as other cities hosting detention centers or IDPs, with overnight stay when required. Complete distributions during emergencies during out of office hours.
- Support preparing the visibility materials and collect all the photos of relevant activities, including the interest stories and quotes from the beneficiaries and government officials during the distribution.
Perform any other related responsibilities, as assigned by the project officer.
Reporting to the Shelter / NFI Project Officer
Key competenciesThe incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
If direct reports (10th row above) for SES is greater than zero, then the managerial competencies below are inserted.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.Team management
This role does not require team management responsibility.
To be advised
How to apply
To apply click on the following linkhttps://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetail…