Organization:Rise Against Hunger
Rise Against Hunger is driven by the vision of world without hunger. Our mission is to end hunger in our lifetime by providing food and life-changing aid to the world’s most vulnerable and by creating a global commitment to mobilize the necessary resources. RAH has a growing portfolio of programs aimed at eliminating chronic hunger and malnutrition around the world through sustainable community development that addresses the drivers of food insecurity. We are committed to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goal of ending hunger by 2030.
Rise Against Hunger responds to sudden and ongoing crises to meet immediate needs of affected populations and support the transition toward recovery. We have responded to emergencies by providing grants or by delivering food assistance, nutrition, and other commodities to those displaced by natural disasters and man-made crises. In building the resilience of vulnerable people, RAH works hand-in-hand with a host of organizations to ensure that our meals and other life- changing aid can reach communities in crisis effectively and according to need.
Rise Against Hunger is currently seeking applications for an Emergency Response Organizational Capacity Advisor. The advisor will help support the emergency response scale up efforts of Rise Against Hunger, develop and advance emergency response activities. He/she will be tasked with auditing the current response capacities of the organization to allow for a more effective operational model. The advisor will be called upon to guide Rise Against Hunger in establishing a robust application process for a future surge capacity roster.
The consultant shall complete the following tasks over the course of his/her consultancy:
- Audit the current response capacity and identify/map out areas of growth with clear sequential activities to be undertaken.
- Identify business develop growth opportunities that can achieved between now and 2021.
- With the assistance of the Emergency Response Technical Advisor, understand and clarify the operating model and engagement level for RAH during a humanitarian crisis.
- Define the SOP and activity checklist for responding to major emergencies.
- Review the application process and develop terms of reference/job descriptions for surge capacity roster personnel.
- Create surge capacity training course for project start-up and close-out for selected staff roster along with affiliate staff members.
- Support in developing master scenarios and guidelines for tabletop/simulation exercises (TTX), including an inject matrix and response activities.
By the end of his/her consultancy, the consultant shall complete the following deliverables for review and approval:
- Provide a roadmap that outlines sequential areas for internal and business development growth within the Emergency Response Portfolio.
- Submit a final report with the following contents:
- Emergency response SOP and checklist,
- Develop a Terms of Reference for various members of a surge roster (e.g., Food Distribution, Cash Transfer, Protection, Disaster Risk Reduction, and M&E specialists),
- Surge training start-up/closeout materials, and
- Table-Top Exercise (TTX) Training Manual and Guidelines.
To apply: please submit your CV and cover letter firstname.lastname@example.org, denoting your experience in emergency response/humanitarian assistance with an emphasis on work you have done to build organizational systems and capacity. Kindly also provide three reference, your daily rate, and any incidental expenses you anticipate billing to Rise Against Hunger. Must have Sphere Standards knowledge, preferably CHS Alliance experience. Preference will be given to applicants who have more than 10 years of experience in humanitarian assistance and have experience implementing emergency response programming in one of more of the following countries/regions: Haiti, Philippines, Southern Africa, West Africa, and South Asia.